UAB Players

bamakeeb

3rd Team
May 2, 2011
I understand that the UAB players are eligible to play next year for any school. The NCAA also granted coaches a waiver, allowing them to contact prospects during the dead period? That said, what are the chances we pick any up? I really don't know anything about. But, it's not unusual for smaller schools to have a few gems that were either overlooked or developed well after HS.

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
I'm sure if there is someone that Saban wants, he's got someone on it!
I understand that the UAB players are eligible to play next year for any school. The NCAA also granted coaches a waiver, allowing them to contact prospects during the dead period? That said, what are the chances we pick any up? I really don't know anything about. But, it's not unusual for smaller schools to have a few gems that were either overlooked or developed well after HS.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I read in the UAB board a couple of their players are taking official visits this weekend.

bamahippie

All-SEC
Apr 8, 2000
Cullman, AL
He is injured, and therefore did not perform as well as he would have otherwise.
FIFY

Really tired of seeing posts that are back-handedly or in-a-subtle-tone putting down Griffith.

I wonder how Blake would've performed if he had an injury that affected his throwing motion?

Usually, stuff like that about QBs is mostly kept under wraps, but it has been known that Griffith had an injury that affected his kicking.

So why is there still derogatory comments? It's ridiculous.

Last edited:

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
He has under performed, and he is injured.
I am not thrilled with Adam's performance this year, but he will improve as injuries heal.
The UAB kid can't play until next year, I am sure by then AG will have healed. Why waste a spot on another kicker.

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
FIFY

Really tired of seeing posts that are back-handedly or in-a-subtle-tone putting down Griffith.

I wonder how Blake would've performed if he had an injury that affected his throwing motion?

Usually, stuff like that about QBs is mostly kept under wraps, but it has been known that Griffith had an injury that affected his kicking.

So why is there still derogatory comments? It's ridiculous.
Nobody is being derogatory about Griffith.

bamakeeb

3rd Team
May 2, 2011
You got to admit it wasn't exactly a vote if confidence in AG. I'm more wait and see. But, I can understand some fans' apprehension about our kickers. We've been a bit spotty at that position over the years.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
He probably has.

Some other folks always seem to miss the ones about his injury status, if you can call it that. Those posters tend to get old.

BigA

Scout Team
Dec 21, 2013
Trussville, Al
I would take a look at their RB-Jordan Howard out of Gardendale. 8th in the nation rushing this year-1,587 yards/13 TD’s. If I remember right, we recruited him out of high school but signed Tennpenny & Jones instead. He has good size, 6-1 and 228/two more seasons. No. 2 freshman rusher in the nation last year with 881 yards. I watched him play vs So Miss this year and he ran for 250+ yards. Looks like a stud!

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Could we replace an Amari with a Jamari at WR for next year? Is Jamari any good. Seems the Barn is trying to get him to visit.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
Adam had one miss but nailed it. He was consistent in kickoffs in the SECCG which is a great sign for the playoffs. I think you'll see a different AG with the rest. I'm sure nobody is more critical of the inconsistency than AG, and I'm sure he is busting his hump to improve. He, like the rest of the guys, have mine and many others support. Roll Tide!!!

Nothingfaced

Scout Team
Aug 13, 2014
Our best players were JJ Nelson (CUSA Player of the Year) and Jordan Howard.

I'm 99% sure Nelson is a senior this year... he had a kickoff return for a TD against Arkansas.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.