Chicago police officer suspended for playing "Sweet Home Alabama"

JD95

All-American
Oct 18, 1999
Birmingham, AL
The political correctness in this country reached extreme levels of ridiculousness long ago. Nothing surprises me anymore.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Again, I don't know what to say? How is that song racially sensitive. It has nothing to do with race . I lived in the Northeast for a large part of my adult life. The prejudice toward and stereotypes of southerners is absolutely ridiculous.

The line about 'playing the song during a protest of the murder of African Americans ' was a little telling. Murder being an unlawful killing of a human being. A more appropriate term would be homicide
This thread will be moved in 3,2,

Last edited:

Mamacalled

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2000
Pelham, Al
According to the policeman he was playing after the Alabama vs Missouri game and he is a big Alabama fan. I think it was silly to play it but it is aggravating that idiots think it is a racist song. People need to read 15 things about Sweet Home Alabama by Ronnie Van Zant.

dWarriors88

All-American
Jan 4, 2009
Tulsa, OK
Why was the moron officer playing any music at all over his car loudspeaker during the protest? Well?
You asked this in my thread as well. No one came through with an answer so I will, I read in the article I posted that the officer made the comment he was excited about Alabama playing in the SECCG later that same day.. So take it for what it's worth, perhaps he was trying to be a jerk, perhaps he is a BAMA boy in liberal-communist Chicago, all I know is that this could be the stupidest thing I've heard in a long long LONG time.

dWarriors88

All-American
Jan 4, 2009
Tulsa, OK
According to the policeman he was playing after the Alabama vs Missouri game and he is a big Alabama fan. I think it was silly to play it but it is aggravating that idiots think it is a racist song. People need to read 15 things about Sweet Home Alabama by Ronnie Van Zant.
oh, was it after? I thought I saw that it happened before the game.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.