Fourteen Bama players will receive degrees on Saturday

jenk56

1st Team
Sep 5, 2012
While they do have some benefits in the way of help, tutoring alone will only get you so far. I don't how see anyone could say that the players don't have to take difficult classes. Unless I'm mistaken, the requirements necessary to obtain a degree in a particular discipline are the same for both the regular students and the student-athlete.

We have had several players since CNS has been here who have obtained their degree in 3 years. The fact that we have several starters that are receiving their Masters within 4 years is a testament to their hard work and dedication.

I am very proud of how these guys have achieved in the classroom and on the field. Congratulations!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not to pile on but 12 hours is the minimum to be considered a full-time student. Most institutions require student-athletes to take 15-17 credit hours per semester. This ensures that just in case the student-athlete fails or drops a class they will remain eligible.

CHES-Franklin

Scout Team
Aug 21, 2008
Franklin, TN
Are these players actually getting degrees that will help them in life, or are they getting degrees in environmental science?
Regardless of their degree choice, these players deserve a modicum of respect for their diligence in the classroom. I commend these gentlemen for their dedication on the field and in the classroom.

My degree in HES has led to a very well paying job, so I'm proud to have a degree from the College of Human Environmental Sciences.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Now is not the time to question their college degree choices... The fact they were able to graduate from college and doing it on time while chasing national championship dreams each season.. IMPRESSIVE! I know a guy who has a degree in art and he makes 100k a year..... Don't try to water down their degree.. they deserve our respect.
Are these players actually getting degrees that will help them in life, or are they getting degrees in environmental science?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.