Fourteen Bama players will receive degrees on Saturday

JD95

All-American
Oct 18, 1999
Birmingham, AL
With all the time these guys have to spend on football -- conditioning, practice, travel, ball games, healing, etc., etc. -- it's amazing that they have time to attend school and study. But here they are, seven players who will receive bachelor's degrees and seven more who will get master's degrees. Huge congratulations to them, and Roll Tide Roll!!

http://alabama.247sports.com/Bolt/F...e-degrees-Saturday-33810966?Referer=CBSSPORTS

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
Man, that is a great accomplishment. So glad CNS doesn't gloss over the importance of the degree for these young players. Regardless of the use for some that may play on Sunday I still think it helps them in later life. Congrats to all the grads. We appreciate the hard work on and off the field and thank you for the great example you all are setting!!!

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
So proud of all of them. It is hard enough to be a college student....a student athlete is probably very stressful.
I don't know how they do it. I honestly don't. There are so many more demands on these young men than are on normal students. That's not an insult to "normal students", I just don't see how football players get up. go to class, watch film, practice, attend study hall, and have time to eat three meals.....
Put it in your daily schedule and get back to me :)
Roll Tide.
Sip

Gr8hope

All-American
Nov 10, 2010
Congratulation to all! Just like your families, we are proud of you. Hard work pays off.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Are these players actually getting degrees that will help them in life, or are they getting degrees in environmental science?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I don't know how they do it. I honestly don't. There are so many more demands on these young men than are on normal students. That's not an insult to "normal students", I just don't see how football players get up. go to class, watch film, practice, attend study hall, and have time to eat three meals.....
Put it in your daily schedule and get back to me :)
Roll Tide.
Sip
I don't want to sound like a smart-butt or discredit what the players have done. However, players do have some benefits the average student doesn't have. They have tutors on hand 24/7. They also don't all take difficult classes, and most take the minimum 12 hours a semester.

Again, I'm not trying to make light of what the players do, but they do have some positives over the average student.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CrimsonPride

1st Team
Dec 9, 2001
Chattanooga, TN
I don't want to sound like a smart-butt or discredit what the players have done. However, players do have some benefits the average student doesn't have. They have tutors on hand 24/7. They also don't all take difficult classes, and most take the minimum 12 hours a semester.

Again, I'm not trying to make light of what the players do, but they do have some positives over the average student.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
While they do have some benefits in the way of help, tutoring alone will only get you so far. I don't how see anyone could say that the players don't have to take difficult classes. Unless I'm mistaken, the requirements necessary to obtain a degree in a particular discipline are the same for both the regular students and the student-athlete.

We have had several players since CNS has been here who have obtained their degree in 3 years. The fact that we have several starters that are receiving their Masters within 4 years is a testament to their hard work and dedication.

I am very proud of how these guys have achieved in the classroom and on the field. Congratulations!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
On the OSU boards, one gets the impression we never graduate anyone. OTOH, they have no clue as to how the NCAA GSR process works. They just parrot the rumors they read on the web...

bamamoss2

All-SEC
Sep 10, 2000
Cullman, Alabama
I second all the congratulations! Glad to see these athletes complete their education as it shows their character and the fact they realize the future holds challenges beyond the playground.

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
On the OSU boards, one gets the impression we never graduate anyone. OTOH, they have no clue as to how the NCAA GSR process works. They just parrot the rumors they read on the web...
This is the biggest issue I have with OSU fans, having worked with a few. I guess people believe what they choose to believe.

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.