Dismissed UGA / JUCO DL Jonathan Taylor Enrolls at Alabama

Status
Not open for further replies.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
Re: Dismissed UGA football player to take official visit to Alabama

As expected, Taylor will be enroll at Alabama on Wednesday morning. He will be among the early enrollees.
With his commitment, Alabama will have to 2-3 open spots remaining. Numbers are very tight so the staff will be very selective on who gets the green light.

BirminghamBAMA

1st Team
Dec 29, 2013

As expected, Taylor will be enroll at Alabama on Wednesday morning. He will be among the early enrollees.
With his commitment, Alabama will have to 2-3 open spots remaining. Numbers are very tight so the staff will be very selective on who gets the green light.
Yeah, I just got in and heard the news. Alabama coveted Taylor coming out of high school and recruited him hard. I think he could make a Jarran Reed type of impact on our DL next season

FitToBeTide

All-American
Aug 19, 2001
St. Florian

Not that it matters much, but out of curiosity I wonder who contacted who first in this situation to get the ball rolling.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

Right now, I would suspect that one spot is being held for an OT. Another for Harris.

BigBama

All-SEC
Oct 13, 1999

For those of us that have day jobs and can't follow recruiting as closely as they would like, is this guy taking the spot vacated by Reed? Is he expected to play inside along with Robinson?

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada

For those of us that have day jobs and can't follow recruiting as closely as they would like, is this guy taking the spot vacated by Reed? Is he expected to play inside along with Robinson?
Reed is leaving early?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

There's not been a spot vacated by Reed yet. He told reporters last week he was coming back. Of course, things can change.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Someone just asked Cecil about Taylor on Twitter. Cecil said he is expected to enroll this week.

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.

Rivals has him listed as a part of this class as of this AM...3* JuCo DL...

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

I saw that he was enrolled today. I'm confused... I guess he was on campus but haven't registered for classes?

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

Can't say I'm a fan of this at all. Taylor has a lot of off-field baggage, has already had multiple chances, and, frankly, I don't think he's nearly good enough as a prospect to justify taking on this kind of risk/exposure. I thought it was strange enough for Pettway, who at least was one of our own, but for someone else's problem? No clue here.

As with all things, though, I'll defer to the boss. He's firmly behind this decision and was a driving force in making it happen. With what he's done since he showed up in 2007 -- both on and off the field -- I'll sit down and shut up.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Aaron Suttles: What I'm Hearing on Jonathan Taylor

After speaking with several sources over the past few weeks, here is what I've learned about the conditions placed on Taylor's admission to Alabama. 1) He'll be required to regularly volunteer at a battered women's shelter. 2) He'll be required to attend weekly anger management counseling sessions. That is not the exhaustive conditions placed upon Taylor, but they are a couple of the main ones.

I'll continue to follow the story and will provide any updates as they happen.

bamagradinATL

All-American
Sep 12, 2006
McKinney, TX

If a guy can be rehabilitated then Coach Saban is the man that can do it.

I won't judge Taylor be issue there are things in my life that I'm not proud of. I'm glad I had another chance.

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011

Can't say I'm a fan of this at all. Taylor has a lot of off-field baggage, has already had multiple chances, and, frankly, I don't think he's nearly good enough as a prospect to justify taking on this kind of risk/exposure. I thought it was strange enough for Pettway, who at least was one of our own, but for someone else's problem? No clue here.

As with all things, though, I'll defer to the boss. He's firmly behind this decision and was a driving force in making it happen. With what he's done since he showed up in 2007 -- both on and off the field -- I'll sit down and shut up.
Totally agree! In Saban we trust.

rizolltizide

Hall of Fame
Jan 4, 2003
st pete, fl

Whatever happens is going to happen, but "don't judge him on his past?" What am I supposed to judge him on? that's just dumb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.