Dismissed UGA / JUCO DL Jonathan Taylor Enrolls at Alabama

Status
Not open for further replies.

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama
Re: Dismissed UGA football player to take official visit to Alabama

Well, if he was in the NFL, he would be unemployed. Not sure how I feel about this. Second chances are great and I'm all for them. Maybe he has learned how to keep that aggression on the field. That said, that is a BIG gal involved in the fisticuffs. 5'11", 170lbs? I'd like more info on this.

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds

Isn't this the same fellow in jnm81s thread?

Is there more to this? Can't find a semi-reliable link.

Wonder if this is a signal that J Reed is done at Alabama.

Last edited:

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland

We recruited this kid hard first go around.... I don't have any real insight into the current situation

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

I trust CNS to make the right decision...
Well, if he was in the NFL, he would be unemployed. Not sure how I feel about this. Second chances are great and I'm all for them. Maybe he has learned how to keep that aggression on the field. That said, that is a BIG gal involved in the fisticuffs. 5'11", 170lbs? I'd like more info on this.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

Jonathan Taylor. I'm 85 percent sure that UofA will approve his admission... and this does not mean Reed is gone this year.... nor does it mean he'll stay either... Expect the UA to make a decision this week, so he could potentially enroll in Jan.
Isn't this the same fellow in jnm81s thread?

Is there more to this? Can't find a semi-reliable link.

Wonder if this is a signal that J Reed is done at Alabama.

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama

I trust CNS to make the right decision...
I agree 100%. And, like CNS said, he would rather these kids be on the field and in school than in prison or on the streets. I'm with him 100%.

ETA: Yes, there are about 3 threads going at once about this kid.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

If he joins us, I'm happy.
I agree 100%. And, like CNS said, he would rather these kids be on the field and in school than in prison or on the streets. I'm with him 100%.

HITIDE

1st Team
Jul 6, 2003
TRINITY, AL., USA

A "second chance" given by CNS is under strict rules and discipline.....nothing compared to Fisher......and they usually toe the line.

NCTide

Scout Team
Nov 30, 2014

Do not want.

Also, I don't think this fits under his definition of second chance.

1) It wasn't under his watch. He talked about giving chances to his own players.
2) It's not like the kid got caught with pot. He's an adult who hit a woman.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art

First, I would say even if Saban did take this kid, this is nothing like FSU. If he was at FSU, Jimbo would have stood up for him and he wouldn't have missed a single game. But... I hope he doesn't come to Alabama. I don't know the specifics, but the specifics sound bad, worse than the DJ incident (once I saw more details), because it seems pretty cut and dry that this guy punched and choked his girlfriend. I've said there is a line and he deserved to be kicked off the Georgia team, that's for sure.

There does have to be the places that give people second chances though. They have to exist, felons need jobs to, if someone is deprived a chance at an education, they become more likely to become career criminals, etc... but, I don't feel good about this guy.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

Everyone deserve a second chance to show they've learned from their mistakes... Let's not judge him for his past incidents. no one is perfect. Sometime it takes a change, a new situation to change things for the better. I hope Taylor get in at UofA, so that we can mold him, educate him and teach him how to be a man off the field. This football program isn't about playing football, but to be a better man off the field. Let's hold off on things we want to say and give it a year to see how he'll do. He'll have DJ Pettway around to mentor him, Reed, Evans, Ragland, all those players will make sure he'll be in good company.

BirminghamBAMA

1st Team
Dec 29, 2013

Jonathan Taylor is expected to enroll at Alabama some time this week, keep a look out for this..

HITIDE

1st Team
Jul 6, 2003
TRINITY, AL., USA

Sums up the entire debate, doesn't it Jam?
i'm sure the young man knows what he stands to lose if he doesn't stay straight at Bama. Sometimes the kids that make a bad mess up will end up being better football players and better citizens because they realize what they almost lost.
We have to leave it to the coaches to choose who they want on the team and not worry about what rival fans (and some Bama fans) say.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La

I'd prefer we find some 300 lb guys who don't beat women.....

RedStar

Hall of Fame
Jan 28, 2005
The Shoals, AL

I'd prefer we find some 300 lb guys who don't beat women.....
I would too, but this isn't a perfect world.

You've got 2 courses of action here.

1. Let the pattern of abuse continue by cutting him off and leaving him to his own devices.

or

2. Give the kid a chance to reform and become a better man and a contributing member of society.

I don't love the idea of bringing in guys who have been arrested for violence against women. But I also don't love the idea of letting them free on society without any guidance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.