Anybody watching Ala-Miss All Star Game?....

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
What an ending!

Tied at 30, last play of regulation, AL has the ball around the MS 35/40, QB is under pressure and heaves the ball to the end zone where the receiver from Hoover makes a one hand catch to win the game. Seven in a row for the boys from Alabama.

Last edited:

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
I watched it and it was a very entertaining game. One thing that stood out like a sore thumb is the number of kids on both teams committed to Mittittippi Tate. Mullen looks to building a solid foundation in Starkvegas these days.

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama
I was there. Payne punched a guy then pushed him as the first half ended. Crazy thing, the Bama D played better without him in the second half. The QB's for AL were extremely disappointing therefore we didn't see much from the WR's. Keith Mixon had a great game, though with 110 yds on 4 touches. 2 were key long pass plays that set up TD's. I was not overly impressed with the Jamey Dubose coaching staff. Exciting ending to a game that we probably should have lost.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
I started a thread a few weeks ago about Madison Acasemy playing my old high schol team Walter Wellborn & asked the board who i should keep an eye on in the game..Andy'all told me to watch Kerryin & the other RB Malik or something like that, but, I posted after the curb tomping Madison Academy put on Wellborn & I stated that Kerryon was prolly as impressive of a RB I'ver ever seen on the high school level..And while I didn't watch all of the game, the parts of the game I did watch, Kerryon was the best player on the football field from either side..And I stand by my comment that I sure hope Coach Saban tells Kerryon he can have a fair shot of playing the RB position at Bama & possibly making our rotation if he comes to Bama..Cause right now Kerryon is college ready & could play for whichever school his signs with on day 1 on the D-1 level & I'd hate to see how good of a RB Kerryon in the Gus Bus offense ..JMHO

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I started a thread a few weeks ago about Madison Acasemy playing my old high schol team Walter Wellborn & asked the board who i should keep an eye on in the game..Andy'all told me to watch Kerryin & the other RB Malik or something like that, but, I posted after the curb tomping Madison Academy put on Wellborn & I stated that Kerryon was prolly as impressive of a RB I'ver ever seen on the high school level..And while I didn't watch all of the game, the parts of the game I did watch, Kerryon was the best player on the football field from either side..And I stand by my comment that I sure hope Coach Saban tells Kerryon he can have a fair shot of playing the RB position at Bama & possibly making our rotation if he comes to Bama..Cause right now Kerryon is college ready & could play for whichever school his signs with on day 1 on the D-1 level & I'd hate to see how good of a RB Kerryon in the Gus Bus offense ..JMHO
I know there are only so many spots to offer and because of that some really good players go to the Barn, Miss. State and other schools because they didn't get the commitable offer from Bama. But I agree about KJ and I hope Mixon also gets an offer too. Can't measure heart and I think Mixon has it kinda like a Javier Arenas type player.

Mixon would likely jump at a Bama commitable, but KJ may have already drunk the Barner koolaid at this point. Would be interesting to see CNS put on the full court press on him though.

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama
Comparing Mixon to Arenas is perfect. I really enjoyed watching him play yesterday. Another very good RB/KR player who, to my knowledge, only has a Kentucky offer, is Jamarius Henderson from Dale County. He went toe to toe with Kerryone in the State Title game and held his own. He is fantastic, but did not have a great game yesterday--but then again, he really wasn't given the opportunity because IMO, it was the Kerryon Show. I don't know if grades are the issue or if it is because he just hasn't been recruited, but he would be a great asset to any team. He reminds me physically of Mark Ingram.

Also, Jamey Dubose is a Barner and made sure all the Barn prospects/commits scored the TD's and had the opportunity to make the plays. I'm probably a little bitter because of what he did to our high school last year, but I was secretly hoping he would have been the first coach to lose to MS in 7 years. LOL.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
One thing that stood out like a sore thumb is the number of kids on both teams committed to Mittittippi Tate. Mullen looks to building a solid foundation in Starkvegas these days.
You're misreading that.

MSU always has a tremendous amount of kids from both MS and AL (which is one reason why they routinely give both us and Auburn such a big fight, despite always being outmanned). The fact that they had a lot of commits playing in the AL / MS All-Star Game basically just says they are sticking to their traditional recruiting territories under Mullen. Nothing really more to it than that.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.