Ohio State's Braxton Miller to LSU would turn the SEC upside down

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Really, who cares. I guess I am in the minority. He never really overly impressed me at OSU . The system LSU Runs is different than OSU. Urban's system is more suited to Braxton's talents. No one knows how he will recover from injury. He has one year, maybe just fall camp to learn a new system. Not very frightening if you ask me.

G8RNGA

3rd Team
Dec 6, 2014
This is interesting, but I don't know that I believe he'd see instant success. The defenses in the SEC are much different than the Big10. I wouldn't be afraid of him going to L/FSU.

DESERTELEPHANT

BamaNation Citizen
Jun 1, 2009
Las Vegas
I am very much in the minority but if Braxton Miller goes to LSU he will have a hard time becoming the starter much less a star. The SEC West will eat him alive.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
I am very much in the minority but if Braxton Miller goes to LSU he will have a hard time becoming the starter much less a star. The SEC West will eat him alive.
I'm not so sure. He will not compete for the LSU starting job against QBs in College Station or Oxford, but against the available LSU QBs. QB was not exactly the strong suit of the Tigers this year (running back was arguably LSU's strong suit this year), so he might well be able to contribute to LSU at the QB position. He was in the pre-season conversation for Heisman, so he's no slouch.
Now how well LSU as a team will do against other SEC West teams is another question. I believe the SEC West will be a tougher division than the B1G.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Would love to see him stay and allow Meyer to find ways to use him as an athlete in our offense. He has great hands, good height, great speed and ellusiveness. But if he has his mind made up that he wants to play QB in the NFL, he is probably gone - depends on Barrett's recovery progression, but he is expected to be back at full strength long before the season begins.

CoastGhost

Suspended
Sep 5, 2009
North Carolina
Would love to see him stay and allow Meyer to find ways to use him as an athlete in our offense. He has great hands, good height, great speed and ellusiveness. But if he has his mind made up that he wants to play QB in the NFL, he is probably gone - depends on Barrett's recovery progression, but he is expected to be back at full strength long before the season begins.
So is Barrett the shoe in for #1 next year? Maybe Braxton knows that and determined to be a QB somewhere? He could certainly start for a lot of teams out there.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
So is Barrett the shoe in for #1 next year? Maybe Braxton knows that and determined to be a QB somewhere? He could certainly start for a lot of teams out there.
Meyer says no, but Barrett proved to be a much better passer. Miller is the better runner, but our offense was better with JT under center. And if Jones plays well on 1/1, Miller will know that his days as QB for OSU are over.

Bama Czar

1st Team
Sep 1, 2010
Woodstock, GA
Wouldn't it just make more sense to transfer to a school that runs a system to best utilize your skill set??? (If I were even going to transfer)..... I just don't see how LSU's system does that. IMO, I would look at Ole Miss long before I looked at LSU. (yes, I know they signed Kelly) It would seem the list of some schools to look at should be (in no particular order) Ole Miss, Oregon, UCLA, Arizona St, Kansas St, or Tx A&M....... not all are "perfect" fits, but certainly make more sense from a showcase standpoint than LSU does...

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I thought he was going to Oregon? That would be a far better fit for him.

It would greatly help LSU, but turn them into a juggernaut? I'd wait and see before I made that declaration.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.