AJ vs Johnny again?

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
Friend of mine just said that AJ will be starting for the Bengals tomorrow when they play the Browns. Of course, Manziel will be starting for the Browns.

Can anyone confirm if AJ will be starting or not?

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
No chance. AJ was recently cleared to come off of the injured reserve list, but there has been no news about him starting. There is no way the Bengals wouldn't bench their healthy, veteran quarterback for an untested rookie right in the middle of a playoff run.

B

BroadwayJoe777

Sorry, but being a long time Browns fan, I am pumped to see Johnny Football play Sunday and trounce the BenGALS!

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Dalton is the Bengals Quarterback. A.J. isn't even on the planet as far as playing for them. I don't know where all this speculation is coming from.
They didn't give Dalton a multi-million dollar contract so he could be replaced by a late round rookie who hasn't even practiced very much.
Let's get real here.
The Bengals are a playoff team and Dalton is the guy who got them there.

NCTide

Scout Team
Nov 30, 2014
Kinda off the wall. Anyways, I hope the Bengals shut down the Johnny dream.

beatthemtigers

All-American
Jan 4, 2006
No chance. AJ was recently cleared to come off of the injured reserve list, but there has been no news about him starting. There is no way the Bengals wouldn't bench their healthy, veteran quarterback for an untested rookie right in the middle of a playoff run.
Nonsense

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Ironically, my near disgust with the NFL, their inability to effectively walk down Politically Correct Lane, has me pulling for Manziel, I hope he blows everyone away.

The NFL needs an Anti-Hero right now. Would make it fun to watch again.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Andy Dalton has been banged up. That is where the talk of AJ playing has come from. Nobody is saying that AJ is better or has surpassed Dalton, but that the Bengals may let AJ play a game or two to let Dalton heal up for the playoffs. I'm not saying that will happen but that is where the logic of AJ playing is coming from..

AgentAntiOrange

1st Team
Dec 30, 2009
Norman, OK
Am I the only who thinks that if AJ started a game at this point....with no experience and little practice, that it would be the equivalent of tossing him under a moving train? Even for rookies who are active in camp, practice every day, and get mop up time have trouble adjusting to the speed of NFL play.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Am I the only who thinks that if AJ started a game at this point....with no experience and little practice, that it would be the equivalent of tossing him under a moving train? Even for rookies who are active in camp, practice every day, and get mop up time have trouble adjusting to the speed of NFL play.
No, you're not the only one... ;)

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
I may be the ONLY one who feels this way, and am willing to risk dislikes to say this, but even IF AJ were starting I would still pull for JM today. First, because I am one of the few (I think) that thinks he will be successful in the NFL so I need him to prove me right. Second, I am pulling for the Browns to do well for some reason. Third, because AJ's mouth has really left me with a very jaded opinion of him, and it's really hard for me to root for him now.

CrimsonSEC

Hall of Fame
Jan 8, 2007
Brewton
I may be the ONLY one who feels this way, and am willing to risk dislikes to say this, but even IF AJ were starting I would still pull for JM today. First, because I am one of the few (I think) that thinks he will be successful in the NFL so I need him to prove me right. Second, I am pulling for the Browns to do well for some reason. Third, because AJ's mouth has really left me with a very jaded opinion of him, and it's really hard for me to root for him now.
You are probably the only Alabama fan who doesn't root for the Browns who feels this way, yes.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
[video]http://thebiglead.com/2014/12/14/wallace-gilberry-sacks-johnny-manziel-flashes-money-sign/#sthash.qk2EFyhd[/video]

Wallace Gilberry tells Johnny "hi"

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
If you cheer for someone simply because you want to be proven right, I'm not sure you're doing it correctly.

Anyway, those Alabama guys are giving Johnny a hard time.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.