Auburn player Jakell Mitchell killed

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
This kind of thing is happening too often. I pray for his family, teammates and the whole Auburn community. What a waste of a life.

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
My heart goes out mitchell's family. Simply tragic from all accounta. But I will say this there is a culture surrounding the Auburn football team that needs to be dealt with. 3 dead football players in 2 years. I mean really? While this may not be time but i will do it anyway. I starting to question malzahn's discipline. Sure you make a place off limits but I don't think that really solves the issue. It's obvious some his players have connections to some bad company.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Re: Auburn player killed

So senseless for a kid that had a great life to look forward too once he got his diploma from Auburn..I may kid around & give my Auburn Friends hell at times, but, I'm truly sorry this happened to one of Auburn's young & talented players..I'll even give Jakell a War Damn Eagle & hope that he RIP Young Man!!!!..

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA

Not to steer the conversion away from an awful tragedy, and this is about the Auburn fanbase, because I still see comments about Derrick Henry. Mr Mitchell drove a red Challenger. Thought of the stupid barners comments when I read this.

Glad to see an arrests has been made.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

I've seen many calls from AU fans to "burn down" the complex or prohibit student athletes living there. Neither proposal will solve the situation...

Moro Creek

All-SEC
Jan 21, 2014
Equine country

Since this is not the first time this has happened in barneyville, I see a lawsuit in the makings against API. This is sad.

bamachile

Hall of Fame
Jul 27, 2007
Oakdale, Louisiana

I've seen many calls from AU fans to "burn down" the complex or prohibit student athletes living there. Neither proposal will solve the situation...
Yeah, this sort of thing can make the emotional overpower the rational. I do hope the PTB at AU are willing to find and address the root causes, however, no matter how unpleasant the task.

techster79

All-American
Oct 20, 2014
Deatsville, Al

Terrible tragedy, one life lost and another changed forever. For what? Praying for Jakell's family and the auburn community.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL

You're so right Earl. This is clearly a moral problem. It will only begin to be solved when people decide that best way NOT to solve an argument or dispute is by killing someone. Until then this will continue to happen. Truly sad.

Last edited:

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
They can relocate the dorm for the Athletes to a more centralized location on campus.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.