Iron Bowl was the most watched game of the football season!!!

G8RNGA

3rd Team
Dec 6, 2014
I wouldn't be surprised this year if it had as much to do with some wanting Alabama to lose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
Our team has a MASSIVE following around the country. While we have our share of haters, we also have a huge fan base all around the country.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
It had ALL of the right elements:

* The #1 ranked team
* Both teams were ranked and have been in title contention
* A rivalry game - chance to see an upset
* Last year's game was one of the most remarkable in the history of the game
* It was a very high scoring game
* The game was still in doubt into the 4th quarter

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
I wouldn't be surprised this year if it had as much to do with some wanting Alabama to lose.

Probably so....I wonder what the ratings of an Alabama/FSU title would be. Probably off the charts and I bet people will be conflicted on which team to root for.

Seems like we are the two most hated teams, but for different reasons.

Mamacalled

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2000
Pelham, Al
Our team has a MASSIVE following around the country. While we have our share of haters, we also have a huge fan base all around the country.
And beyond the boarders also. I have to ship Bama gear to people in Australia, New Zealand and Canada frequently.

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA
It's the most intense rivalry game in the country and also the the fact that in recent years the winner ends up in the NC game are two reasons why it would create interest among fans who root for neither team.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
When it comes to the BIGGEST Rivalries in the USA, what is a better one in terms of the records: Bama 43 - 35 - 1 vs the Barn. That is too close for me.
Bama vs LSU has become a rivalry but look at the DOMINANCE by Bama in that series.

What other BIG rivalry is even close. NOT Texas vs Oklahoma; NOT Texas vs Texas A & M; ….

What is the record of Michigan vs the Ohio State?

What about Army vs Navy? Navy has won the past 13 consecutive games.

Oregon vs Oregon State "The Civil War"?

Notre Dame vs USCw?

Alabama vs Tennessee has been a BIG rivalry. Can't remember the total for this series but Alabama must lead by at least 15 in wins.

What other rivalries are even close?

If you can't win close to half of the games, it should NOT even be called a RIVALRY!

BuckeyeAlumnus

Suspended
Dec 9, 2014
Columbus, OH
When it comes to the BIGGEST Rivalries in the USA, what is a better one in terms of the records: Bama 43 - 35 - 1 vs the Barn. That is too close for me.
Bama vs LSU has become a rivalry but look at the DOMINANCE by Bama in that series.

What other BIG rivalry is even close. NOT Texas vs Oklahoma; NOT Texas vs Texas A & M; ….

What is the record of Michigan vs the Ohio State?

What about Army vs Navy? Navy has won the past 13 consecutive games.

Oregon vs Oregon State "The Civil War"?

Notre Dame vs USCw?

Alabama vs Tennessee has been a BIG rivalry. Can't remember the total for this series but Alabama must lead by at least 15 in wins.

What other rivalries are even close?

If you can't win close to half of the games, it should NOT even be called a RIVALRY!
Michigan leads Ohio State all time 58-46-6.

Michigan didn't lose for the first 14 years of the rivalry. Leading 12-0-2.

Since then, it is dead even at 46-46-4 ... so it's as close as you can get, but Michigan has sucked lately, so the rivalry has lost its luster nationally for the time being.

* Ohio State vacated the 2010 win with Pryor and co, or it'd be 58-47-6

IMO, Auburn-Alabama and Ohio State-Michigan are the two best rivalries of all time in any sport...Bama-Auburn has the current edge nationally due to competitiveness. We'll see if Michigan can get back

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
IMO, Auburn-Alabama and Ohio State-Michigan are the two best rivalries of all time in any sport...Bama-Auburn has the current edge nationally due to competitiveness. We'll see if Michigan can get back
I don't know if I would go as far as all time in any sport, but as far as college football goes...those two are the two best out there. I wish Michigan had been more competitive lately, so as the rivalry hadn't lost some luster...but it is still one of the premier rivalries in College Football.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa

Lucius Accius got it right 2000 years ago: "Let them hate, so long as they fear." And they do. Every game, every year.

In years when Alabama is dominant, as now, they actively fear. In years when that's not the case, as in the non-Stallings years from 1982 to 2007, they see just enough glimpses of what can be, that they fear a return to dominance.

Fan bases rush the field when their teams beat Alabama. Whether it's Kentucky beating a Dubosian 4-7 team in 1997, or Ole Miss beating the #1 seed in the first national playoff. They're dancing on the grave while they can. Because they know we're coming back. And they know that the debt will come due and that it will be collected in full with interest.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.