*** OL Matt Womack Commits to Alabama ***

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
Re: Matt Womack

On Womack, he has the length to flex over and play LT, but I don't believe that's the intention here. He plays RT in high school, and I think ideally we'll try to turn him into our traditional mauler-type at RT.

He might see some spot duty here and there at LT -- as Austin Shepherd did in the Iron Bowl -- but I think he probably has as good of a chance at moving inside to OG as he does ending up at LT long-term.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

On Womack, he has the length to flex over and play LT, but I don't believe that's the intention here. He plays RT in high school, and I think ideally we'll try to turn him into our traditional mauler-type at RT.

He might see some spot duty here and there at LT -- as Austin Shepherd did in the Iron Bowl -- but I think he probably has as good of a chance at moving inside to OG as he does ending up at LT long-term.
BET and/or anyone knowing about OL: In the `14 and upcoming `15 class, we seem to have a lot of OLmen designated as OG, OG/C. Of those, are any a possibility for OT? Don`t know enough about characteristics and measureables to know.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al

BET and/or anyone knowing about OL: In the `14 and upcoming `15 class, we seem to have a lot of OLmen designated as OG, OG/C. Of those, are any a possibility for OT? Don`t know enough about characteristics and measureables to know.
In the '14 class, Cam (who is starting at tackle) and Jackson (who has a year of eligibility left) are the best suited to play that position size/length wise. Pierschbacher played a lot of OT in HS, but I think he is more naturally suited to play OG in college imo. The others are all either OG/C.

In the '15 class, only Womack is really built for playing OT. The only other of the group I could see possibly ever playing tackle would be Lester Cotton, and that's if he played RT. I honestly don't see anyone but Womack playing OT, and I think we need to add another in this class.

EDIT:
Just wanted to add we don't have a ton of depth at OT. Aside from those mentioned in the '14 class, we have Bozeman, Grant Hill, and if push comes to shove Alphonse Taylor (who I know plays OG, but he has the length to play RT in a real pinch I think).

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.