How many spots do we have left?

bodiddle

All-SEC
May 14, 2006
Womack makes number 23. So if we have no back counter spots then we only have two places open. We sure have a lot of players left that we are after. I don't guess we can stuff 30 players into a 25 player bag, huh?

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Usually around this time of the year, the coaches have a pretty good idea who will fill the last few spots. There's always the one occasional surprise but everything has pretty much lined up already for NSD

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
LSU doesn't appear to be a threat for Moton, but academics are a real concern. We've had some over the years make it despite having started in worse academic standing, but it's by no means a guarantee. He has made some progress in the classroom, but qualifying expects to be close.

Not saying he doesn't make it, mind you, just saying that when doing rough calculations of the class numbers, his academic status should be taken into consideration.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
BET, curious about whether Kerron Johnson could/would flip if he was guaranteed the opportunity to play RB at Bama. If so, would it depend on Harris?

And might there be room for Mixon in the class?

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
BET, curious about whether Kerron Johnson could/would flip if he was guaranteed the opportunity to play RB at Bama. If so, would it depend on Harris?

Me too. Things are tight, I would assume. Can`t have more than 3-4 slots left (?).

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

A Johnson flip in that scenario, I think, could be a real possibility, but that's really just all speculation on my part. For the time being, Harris is our intended target at RB, and as long as we have a fighting chance with him, there is no real need to re-think Johnson. If we can somehow sign Harris -- I wouldn't bet on it, but it wouldn't exactly be shocking either -- then I think we are absolutely done at tailback.

And no, I don't think there will be room for Mixon, barring a lot of attrition within the current ranks and/or strikeouts with other uncommitted prospects. I just can't envision a scenario where that works out.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.