JessN

Administrator & Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
The year in review in the SEC
by Jess Nicholas
TideFans Editor-In-Chief
December 14th, 2014 07:08 PM

The 2014 season isn’t over, but this is a good pause point to discuss the way the regular season played out – and to take a look at where teams were projected to finish, versus how they actually finished. Listed here are all 14 SEC teams, […]

Read More Here

Last edited by a moderator:

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
Thank you. That was a good summary. What is the biggest story, Mississippi State or S. Carolina? I finally can get on board the Mullen train now that he has beaten some SEC teams beside the bottom feeders.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I finally can get on board the Mullen train now that he has beaten some SEC teams beside the bottom feeders.
Let's see how he does next year when his senior-laden team requires an almost complete rebuilding. I think this year was an anomaly, one where lot of coaches could have looked good with so many experienced players...

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
Let's see how he does next year when his senior-laden team requires an almost complete rebuilding. I think this year was an anomaly, one where lot of coaches could have looked good with so many experienced players...
Completely agree, it is just that when he went 7-6 and such by beating down-trodden Arky and Mississippi lots of folks were jumping on his bandwagon. Beating some good teams has me on board, but I may hop off at the next stop - :biggrin:

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama
It's how Boise competed with the big boys. They had tons of 5th year seniors back than.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
The drama began early when QB Kenny Hill decided he needed to pick a nickname and trademark it in advance of becoming the next Johnny Manziel. He was benched midway through the season, though, and Kyle Allen looks to have the job on a permanent basis now.
When the Aggies hit the skids, I quit paying them much attention. I didn't realize their qb, who started the year with such a big splash, was benched for good later in the season. Coker might have had a better shot at playing time if he had transferred there.

nickel42

1st Team
Dec 2, 2013
Nashville, TN
I hate that coach Mason has gotten off to such a bad start here in Nashville. I really liked him as a coordinator, and I thought he'd do much better as a head coach. I give it one more season...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.