Sydney Hostage taking.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
A guy named Sheikh Haroun, a refugee from Iran living in Australia, who does not like Australia's policy in Afghanistan, appears to have taken several hostages in a Sydney coffee shop.
Police refused to say ... what they believed the gunman's motives might be,

Gee, it is probably going to take Sherlock Holmes to figure what motivated this dude.

Here's an idea, if you are a refugee in a foreign country and you don't like that country's policies, how about, I don't know, leaving!

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
A little information on the fine gentleman:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-12-...onis-named-as-man-behind-sydney-siege/5969246

Iranian cleric Man Haron Monis is the man police believe is behind the siege at the Lindt Chocolat Cafe in Sydney's Martin Place.

Monis, who was granted political asylum in Australia, is currently on bail for a string of violent offences, including being an accessory to the murder of his ex-wife.

He is also facing more than 40 sexual and indecent assault charges and has a conviction for sending offensive letters to the families of deceased Australian soldiers.

Sounds like a real charming person. Probably in the local Rotary club or something.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-12-...onis-named-as-man-behind-sydney-siege/5969246

Iranian cleric Man Haron Monis is the man police believe is behind the siege at the Lindt Chocolat Cafe in Sydney's Martin Place.

Monis, who was granted political asylum in Australia, is currently on bail for a string of violent offences, including being an accessory to the murder of his ex-wife.

He is also facing more than 40 sexual and indecent assault charges and has a conviction for sending offensive letters to the families of deceased Australian soldiers.

Sounds like a real charming person. Probably in the local Rotary club or something.
So, if he was granted political asylum, what was he seeking asylum from? The Iranian government? Man, you have to be some kind of miscreant to be persecuted by Iran.
Plus, if you are seeking asylum, why go to a developed western (read non-muslim) country? Why not seek asylum in Somalia? I doubt Somalia even has the infrastructure to notice his arrival, much less decline a request for asylum from a fellow muslim. He seems to be saying to Australia, "I hate you. Let me in." And amazingly, Australia said, "Sure. C'mon in."

AV8N

1st Team
Sep 18, 2013
By holding up a Lindt cafe, dude essentially declared jihad on chocolate. That's just wrong, I don't care who you are.

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
So, if he was granted political asylum, what was he seeking asylum from? The Iranian government? Man, you have to be some kind of miscreant to be persecuted by Iran.
Plus, if you are seeking asylum, why go to a developed western (read non-muslim) country? Why not seek asylum in Somalia? I doubt Somalia even has the infrastructure to notice his arrival, much less decline a request for asylum from a fellow muslim. He seems to be saying to Australia, "I hate you. Let me in." And amazingly, Australia said, "Sure. C'mon in."
I was thinking the same thing, Why didn't he try the U.S. first? He wouldn't even need to apply for asylum - just get to Mexico and come right on over.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL

After all of that, he was out on bail?

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX

Yet we still keep letting these gems into our country as well.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
Pretty astounding. Maybe awaiting trial?
If half of those charges are true, why on earth would the Aussies not revoke his asylum? Is their a shortage of foreign sexual predators in Oz?
Not to mention that Australians are essentially prevented from protecting themselves.

HartselleTider

Suspended
Jan 11, 2012
And if you persist in your torture fantasy knowing it will be unproductive, that says some pretty bad things about you.
I'll take that as a compliment coming from a bleeding heart. You people are so cute with your astounding credulousness.

Leave the war against Islam to those with both the sense to recognize it, and the tools to deal with it. The rest of you liberals can stand on the sidewalk holding signs and protest it or something since that's all you're good for...just get outta the way.

Perhaps lining all of you up along the border with your signs would be a decent start towards securing it.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
I'll take that as a compliment coming from a bleeding heart. You people are so cute with your astounding credulousness.

Leave the war against Islam to those with both the sense to recognize it, and the tools to deal with it. The rest of you liberals can stand on the sidewalk holding signs and protest it or something since that's all you're good for...just get outta the way.

Perhaps lining all of you up along the border with your signs would be a decent start towards securing it.
Cbi is far from being a bleeding heart.

HartselleTider

Suspended
Jan 11, 2012
Cbi is far from being a bleeding heart.
I can't tell.

Anyway, just because the liberal media likes to refer to these cowards as "militants" and "jihadists" doesn't make them so. They only like to terrorize innocent and unarmed people. They have no rights under the Geneva Convention, the Constitution, or any other document. This isn't a military we're dealing with... it's an ideology with principles built on chaos.

I don't care who doesn't agree with me, but I have no mercy for these parasites. Take 'em out and shoot 'em, or filet 'em slowly with a rusty knife. It doesn't matter to me how they're dealt with. Just deal with 'em.

But rest assured, we'll turn 'em all loose right back into society until they pop up on the news again somewhere with smoke billowing in the background over some CNN reporter's shoulder.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.