Ohio State OC Tim Herman Takes Houston HC Job

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
So will he be still coaching in the playoff? I would imgaine given the recuiting period.. and the signing in Feb... Might be a good thing for us, if he's distracted between his first HC and coaching in bowl.
I'm pretty sure he'll still coach in the playoffs. It wouldn't be so good for them if he didn't.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus RTR

So will he be still coaching in the playoff? I would imgaine given the recuiting period.. and the signing in Feb... Might be a good thing for us, if he's distracted between his first HC and coaching in bowl.
Defiantly will, but it does make me wonder if he had that added to what he would agree on. It will be interesting to see.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Either way this is good news for us. OSU is gonna have a distracted OC prepping a 3rd string QB against the best defense in the land. I don't think this will end well for OSU..

Tbux

Scout Team
Dec 9, 2014
I'm pretty sure he'll still coach in the playoffs. It wouldn't be so good for them if he didn't.

Initial rumors are that he will coach the Bama game, but not the Championship game if we win. Makes no sense to me, but that was the word - unconfirmed - from usually reliable sources. We've gonna miss him....he did a helluva job this year with that offense esp the QB's.....replaced 4 starting OL (3 of whom are starting in the NFl as rookies), Braxton, best WR and Carlos Hyde and still fired on all cylinders. Hard to imagine.....don't think it will have too much bearing on the Bama game but would much prefer he be completely focused on that game for the next 3 weeks

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
That's a step down for him. South Alabama is a better job than U of H. Sorry, my wife's an alum, and we've never been to a game in 24 years. Good luck to punching his ticket and getting out ASAP.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
McElwain took the CSU job and proceeded to call one of his best games against an all-time great defense.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
McEwlain did that... but Saban provided him the tools to be able to get things done without leaving Alabama. Saban worked with him to get lot of stuff done, so when it was time to coach, he didn't have to worry about few things... This coach may not have that support from Meyer between now and the playoff. It'll be rough.
Initial rumors are that he will coach the Bama game, but not the Championship game if we win. Makes no sense to me, but that was the word - unconfirmed - from usually reliable sources. We've gonna miss him....he did a helluva job this year with that offense esp the QB's.....replaced 4 starting OL (3 of whom are starting in the NFl as rookies), Braxton, best WR and Carlos Hyde and still fired on all cylinders. Hard to imagine.....don't think it will have too much bearing on the Bama game but would much prefer he be completely focused on that game for the next 3 weeks

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
To use a more Urban Meyer example, Dan Mullen took the MSU job before the BCSCG against Oklahoma. They won the game. I don't buy the distraction idea. It is just a good excuse for fans when things go sideways.

Tbux

Scout Team
Dec 9, 2014
To use a more Urban Meyer example, Dan Mullen took the MSU job before the BCSCG against Oklahoma. They won the game. I don't buy the distraction idea. It is just a good excuse for fans when things go sideways.
The distraction is a real one without question. At issue is the degree to which it impacts his performance....hopefully, and we do have the Mullen precedent, it won't be material. No doubt Urban will demand his full energies and Herman is a professional and I expect he will put forth a professional effort and have the offense and especially the inexperienced QB prepared and in a position to succeed.....

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
It certainly won't hurt, but as long as he's coaching the game I can't imagine that it will be a major factor.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
That's a step down for him. South Alabama is a better job than U of H. Sorry, my wife's an alum, and we've never been to a game in 24 years. Good luck to punching his ticket and getting out ASAP.
I have a Masters' Degree from the U of H and would not walk across the street to see them play if their new stadium was in my hood unless they were playing the Alabama Crimson Tide. So, I haven't been to see them play in 40+ years. It's been known as Cougar High for many years!

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
This won't help Ohio State, but it's hard to see it having any significant detrimental impact. Meyer has long since been running the show offensively, and was going to do so in New Orleans regardless of what Tim Herman did.

Yeah, I'm thinking he'll call the game.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.