Playoff Officials

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Really hope we get Glasses Ref

In all seriousness, the folks that dog SEC officiating are about to regret every minute of that negativity. Pac-12 officials are horrible.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.

In all seriousness, the folks that dog SEC officiating are about to regret every minute of that negativity. Pac-12 officials are horrible.
I'm not overly concerned with where they come from.
I just want them to call a consistent game, as closely as they can to the rules. If they are going to allow a little hand-checking by the OSU cornerbacks , I expect Bama cornerbacks ot be allowed to do the same. If they are going to call offensive holding on Bama's o-line every other play, they'd better do it to OSU (assuming they engage in the same degree of offensive holding).
If they do that, I don't care if they are from Mars.

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
That's reassuring...

In the wake of a tumultuous couple of weeks for Pac-12 officials, the league's coordinator of football officiating has resigned.

The Pac-12 announced Tony Corrente's resignation in a statement Wednesday night, citing personal and professional reasons.

"Under Tony's leadership, our program made great strides in improving the quality, accountability and consistency," commissioner Larry Scott said in the statement. "While it's unfortunate that Tony has decided to leave us at this time, I want to express my appreciation for his contribution, and for leaving our officiating program strong and headed in the right direction."

Pac-12 officials have come under fire the past couple of weeks following a series of high-profile, questionable calls and non-calls in several games. It spilled over Saturday in Colorado when coach Mike MacIntyre was seen screaming at officials and following them off the field following the Buffs' 36-31 loss to Oregon State. The tirade earned MacIntyre a $10,000 fine and a reprimand from the league earlier this week.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama

I doubt it because we had them in the 2013 National Championship game, and they werent bad at all.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
PAC officials have a reputation of throwing more flags that other conferences, but I just don't watch enough PAC games to get a sense for the reliability of those rumors.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
PAC officials have a reputation of throwing more flags that other conferences, but I just don't watch enough PAC games to get a sense for the reliability of those rumors.
Is it a coincidence that 9 of the Pac-12's 12 teams are ranked 100 or worse in "fewest penalties?" Oregon is the worst with 107 penalties on the season (8.23 per game).

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Friends from the SC board complain about an abundance of PI calls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk yuuyyyy

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Those crews do not bode well for a defensive minded football team. Might want to make our dbs wear straight jackets in practice so they will be getting used to not touching with their hands.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.