OT Isaiah Prince Signs With Ohio State

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
I didn't see a thread for him anywhere in the archives, but I wanted to start one. He seems to be our highest priority lineman left on the board, and a position of need even with our stacked OL class. I don't think the recent commitment of Womack has any bearing on him.

It seems like as of now this is a three team race between us, the home team (Maryland) and the team we play on Jan 1 (tOSU in case you've been in hiding). He has a visit set for Jan 16 to the Capstone, followed by a Jan 23 visit to Columbus.

Here are the links to the various recruiting sites.

RIVALS
ESPN

RammerJammer91

1st Team
Nov 27, 2012
Re: 2015 Prospect OT Isaiah Prince

Some sites list him at 270, but I think he's closer to 280. He's going to benefit greatly from a redshirt year.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al

Some sites list him at 270, but I think he's closer to 280. He's going to benefit greatly from a redshirt year.
Yeah, he's definitely in need of some time in the weight room. He is very long and lean right now, which works well in HS but not in the SEC.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

Take it FWIW, but a few Ohio State sites are reporting that Prince has cancelled his official visit to Columbia.

Maryland still figures to be the main challenger here, but this certainly doesn't hurt Alabama's chances here. The notion of this being a Maryland v. Ohio State battle would be pretty thoroughly refuted if he never takes the official visit to Ohio State.

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa

Take it FWIW, but a few Ohio State sites are reporting that Prince has cancelled his official visit to Columbia.

Maryland still figures to be the main challenger here, but this certainly doesn't hurt Alabama's chances here. The notion of this being a Maryland v. Ohio State battle would be pretty thoroughly refuted if he never takes the official visit to Ohio State.
Have heard that he is the most likely option to bama right now. If we make room or have room he is ours currently. Valentine seems likely to reclassify or prep school at the moment. Richmond is going to be a hard pull unless he makes a visit before deciding and has to be secretive. Also, Charlot will be recommiting. things still can go crazy ,but things as they stand right now.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al

:biggrin:

Now it makes me look smart!

I am of full belief Isaiah Prince will be the last OL in our class. I have thought that for the last month, and it holds true.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

Huge pick-up. We needed another OT in this class and got one with a huge upside. RTR and welcome Isaiah!

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
Re: *** OT Isaiah Prince Commits to Alabama ***

Isnt he a bit light for the job. I am not very knowledgable, but I believe most of our OT are 285_305.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Re: *** OT Isaiah Prince Commits to Alabama ***

I just read his Rivals profile and under latest news it said a spot opened up and Isaiah did not waste anytime accepting the Bama offer. I did not know his offer was conditional but per Rivals it apparently was. I guess it was Richmond's spot and when the staff found out he was not coming to Bama they gave it to Isaiah. Thoughts?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.