Les Miles and Michigan

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Anyone know how the grass in Ann-Arbor tastes?
If you are talking about the Big House, it has field turf. I have no idea if Miles would take the UM job if offered, except for having to play Alabama ever year, LSU is a top 10 job. If UM offers Mullen he needs to go regardless of Prescott's decision to stay or leave. In spite of his behavior and loud moth, Pelini would not be a bad hire, aNd he was their DC for a couple of years if that means anything. Gonna be fun watching all of this play out.

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
Les not Leaving. An "odd" way to announce, but it's Les! ESPN

Miles not Leaving LSU

Miles refused to be quoted on the record in the post-practice chat with reporters, but he sent a clear message: A return to Ann Arbor is not going to happen. He and his agent, George Bass, have not heard from Michigan, Miles said, and he would not change jobs even if Michigan made contact.

tidegrandpa

All-American
Michigan is going to be way behind in recruiting the longer they weight. Concerning Miles, that was the most unprepared team in the history of the BCS in 2011.
Funny you say this, I remember well during the pregame interview with the ABC reporter Les said in effect "I think we have perfected our preparations for the big games". I thought man, what an arrogant thought process. It was indeed.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I think This is what happened: Given their win over Alabama, they thought that they didnt' have to make lot of adjustments with their offense and didnt' think Alabama would adjust. He forgot who Nick Saban was. The playcalling by LSU was puzzling and I remember saying at that time, who came up with that dumb idea? We were expecting them to take deep shot down the field, and they should've went with Lee, but they didn't. Jefferson looked confused and frustrated... . It was so embarssing that I turned tv off within 30 minutes of the game.
Funny you say this, I remember well during the pregame interview with the ABC reporter Les said in effect "I think we have perfected our preparations for the big games". I thought man, what an arrogant thought process. It was indeed.

derek4tide

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2005
Daphne, AL
On the "First Team" with Taylor Zarzour and Greg McElroy (Sirius) this morning, GMc said that Michigan's number one prospect is Les Miles. Also said that Michigan will wait as long as it takes to get him. Not worried about recruiting. Heard the same thing on Bill Kings's show on Thursday.

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
Michigan is going to be way behind in recruiting the longer they weight. Concerning Miles, that was the most unprepared team in the history of the BCS in 2011.
If you make the right hire then recruiting will take care of itself. I remember being upset that we were waiting so long to hire a coach in 2007 but that turned out ok.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
On the "First Team" with Taylor Zarzour and Greg McElroy (Sirius) this morning, GMc said that Michigan's number one prospect is Les Miles. Also said that Michigan will wait as long as it takes to get him. Not worried about recruiting. Heard the same thing on Bill Kings's show on Thursday.
I don't care what any insider says, Harbaugh is target #1. Les may be a close second, but any chance to land Harbaugh is their top priority. Now that SF has missed the playoffs, and wheels can turn, I think they'll put the press on.

I have been quoted as saying that he'd stay in the NFL before, but I am starting to think he may be more interested then most think.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I don't care what any insider says, Harbaugh is target #1. Les may be a close second, but any chance to land Harbaugh is their top priority. Now that SF has missed the playoffs, and wheels can turn, I think they'll put the press on.

I have been quoted as saying that he'd stay in the NFL before, but I am starting to think he may be more interested then most think.
Yeah the more these "sources" are coming out about Harbaugh coming to Michigan Im starting to beleive it is a plausable possibility even though I really think he doesnt come to Michigan.

derek4tide

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2005
Daphne, AL

Just passing on what I heard this morning. If you go back and read what "Les said", you will see that it was just coach speak before a bowl game. Did the reporters think he would come out and tell them, if it is true?
LOL

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.