Game Thread: Alabama @ Wichita State at 8:00 (ESPN2) Pregame/Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoachJeff

Suspended
Jan 21, 2014
Shelby County Alabama
There will be lots of whining about officiating but Bama played terribly down the stretch. Another late game collapse. Just inexplicable possessions down the stretch.

Losing by 1 @ Wichita State is not a bad loss, but losing any game when you're up by 11 with about 5 to play is.

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama
I wanted this one bad for the team. I feel sick thought we were going to win. Been along time since I felt this way. Team played hard they deserved to win. The refs changed the momentum in there favor. They have a great home crowd also.

BamaBuff24

1st Team
May 2, 2000
FWB, FL USA
If you mean when Randolph took the 2nd to last shot, I'd say it is sometimes better to keep playing and not allow the defense to get set up. The problem I saw was it didn't look like Bama had a good feel for what to do as they came up the court after WSU's last score.
That was what I was thinking, settle them down and set up for the last play.

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
Nothing to be sorry for... You spoke the truth and didn't bash/insult anyone! The team left it all on the court, just came up short! I hope the team can put this behind them, and finish non-conference on 4 game winning streak and propel themselves into SEC play....

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
Many seem to want to come here after the fact, put in your two cents (usually negative and leave). Participate in the whole game!

Athens-LA-Tide

All-SEC
Feb 6, 2001
Ptown, OR
www.urbagedesigns.com
Im a kitchin pacing cusser, I just cant post during a game, simple as that! I love these kids and already cant wait to watch them play the next game. Really proud of them tonight, they played like they belonged! Ima gonna go cry..... Roll Tide

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
I would blame it on missed free throws but wSU struggled at the line as well. The ref's jacked up the last 8 minutes of the game but Bama had some forced and unforced turnovers late to feed WSU's run. So close...

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
Many seem to want to come here after the fact, put in your two cents (usually negative and leave). Participate in the whole game!
Not everyone can spend 2+ hours in front of a keyboard but, that doesn't mean they can't comment... I agree come on just to spar/bash a player/CAG is wrong and not cool. However, I haven't seen any of that here....

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
The team had a chance to win the game, and several bad passes triggered the run, and I think we just fell apart. We have to do better job of holding our composure together during critical time.

im4datide

All-SEC
Sep 6, 2001
Spring Hill,TN
I would blame it on missed free throws but wSU struggled at the line as well. The ref's jacked up the last 8 minutes of the game but Bama had some forced and unforced turnovers late to feed WSU's run. So close...
I agree I think there were some ticky tack calls and some non calls. We hit our FT like this team has done thru the start of the year we win! Very disappointing loss...proud of the way the kids played tonight. RTR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.