Sugar Bowl Practice Reports and Media Appearances

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
Sometimes I hate when they talk too much about the practices. Don't want to give the enemy something to work on, or maybe they do.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus RTR
I just don't think coach Saban would ever show something during the media viewing period that was of any value to an opponent. Like the poster said about the flea flicker play in practice before the msu game, just something for the other team to think about.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
lol we're about to give this article major clicks due to folks trying to figure out what you guys are alluding to ... I did see what you were referring to and agree though. Pretty much the plus and minus of having the media attend practices.
i think it was the rb's running seam routes, oops i let the cat out of the bag ;)

GreatDanish

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2005
TN
I am excited. A few years ago I would have dreaded it, but this year I just feel fortunate to be in it with the early loss to VT at home. I really thought that our season was over at that point. Of course, I would rather be playing anyone else at this point, but I would rather be in and playing Alabama than out.

Only 4 teams have a chance to win this year's national championship. I am very happy that Alabama and OSU are among them.
If you had your own Game Thread during the Sugar Bowl I would read it. I'd expect it to sound bi-polarish, but also probably the most balanced Game Thread we've ever had on here.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
If you had your own Game Thread during the Sugar Bowl I would read it. I'd expect it to sound bi-polarish, but also probably the most balanced Game Thread we've ever had on here.
My wife and I were talking about the game last night and she is unapologetically pro-Alabama. We are both optimists, so we both feel good about our respective teams' chances, but she believes that Alabama is going to take OSU apart. She is really cute when she gets going, and that keeps me from getting upset with her. As for me - we are in the game, and that gives us a better chance than anyone else. What else could one hope for at this time of the year?

Not sure how things will look/sound on game day. We will have a lot of family here from both sides, so it will probably be somewhat subdued for the most part as family members try to respect the feelings of one another. It will be hard to celebrate a huge play when you know that it will make a loved one upset. We discussed watching the game in separate rooms, but the women killed that idea. They want us to be a family in all things, and they are right. I just hope that everyone behaves themselves - including me - if things go poorly for their team.

My real hope for the game - that it is a blowout and over by halftime. The closer the game at the end, the tougher the loss will be on half of my family.

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
My wife and I were talking about the game last night and she is unapologetically pro-Alabama. We are both optimists, so we both feel good about our respective teams' chances, but she believes that Alabama is going to take OSU apart. She is really cute when she gets going, and that keeps me from getting upset with her. As for me - we are in the game, and that gives us a better chance than anyone else. What else could one hope for at this time of the year?

Not sure how things will look/sound on game day. We will have a lot of family here from both sides, so it will probably be somewhat subdued for the most part as family members try to respect the feelings of one another. It will be hard to celebrate a huge play when you know that it will make a loved one upset. We discussed watching the game in separate rooms, but the women killed that idea. They want us to be a family in all things, and they are right. I just hope that everyone behaves themselves - including me - if things go poorly for their team.

My real hope for the game - that it is a blowout and over by halftime. The closer the game at the end, the tougher the loss will be on half of my family.
Sounds like you're going to have the hap-hap-happiest Christmas since Bing Crosby tap-danced with Danny Kaye (family version).

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
December 19 practice report

The scout team jerseys started to trickle in as well. Early-enrollee Bo Scarbrough was wearing the No. 15 used by Ohio State's leading rusher, Ezekiel Elliott. Redshirting freshman Derek Kiel wore the No. 9 of top Buckeye receiver Devin Smith. Also, Corey McCarron had the No. 81 of top Ohio State tight end Nick Vannett.

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.

My son in law is a barner and it is so hard watching the Iron Bowl every year. My wife, daughter and grand daughter are all Bama fans. It's really hard to stifle your emotions watching a game like this. I don't envy your situation.RTR!

centerstar

2nd Team
Nov 4, 2011
My son in law is a barner and it is so hard watching the Iron Bowl every year. My wife, daughter and grand daughter are all Bama fans. It's really hard to stifle your emotions watching a game like this. I don't envy your situation.RTR!
My wife is from Little Rock and a big Razorback fan. Most years it's not too bad, but the year JPW threw that touchdown pass and we went ahead in the last seconds, she said that my adult daughters (I have three) and I acted like Tennessee fans. Some scars...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.