Sugar Bowl Practice Reports and Media Appearances

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
My wife is from Little Rock and a big Razorback fan. Most years it's not too bad, but the year JPW threw that touchdown pass and we went ahead in the last seconds, she said that my adult daughters (I have three) and I acted like Tennessee fans. Some scars...
2007. Haven't beaten us since.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
My wife is from Little Rock and a big Razorback fan. Most years it's not too bad, but the year JPW threw that touchdown pass and we went ahead in the last seconds, she said that my adult daughters (I have three) and I acted like Tennessee fans. Some scars...
They lost their right to complain in perpetuity after stealing two - one with an extra man on the field and the other a one-hop TD...

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
I saw pics of the planes both teams flew in on and, how many frekin people is OSU bringing to need a 747? Hopefully they have lots of distractions and clutter with loads of boosters sniffing players jocks....

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
how many frekin people is OSU bringing to need a 747? Hopefully they have lots of distractions and clutter with loads of boosters sniffing players jocks....
According to all their recently signed up fans here, they're bringing enough to fill the entire Dome - twice over. :rolleye2:
I guess we must all be sitting in the overlfow section - the basketball arena - and watching on the big screen.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Seeing Saban sitting up front alone in the bus reminded me of back when Terrence Cody was the only one who would sit up there. He used to sit by CNS and pester him about being allowed to run the ball just once on the goal line. I can't imagine there was much room left over for Saban. It reminds me of the time Billy and Keith Neighbors came as guests to a bar association meeting. They spied me and I ended up sitting between them, feeling like I needed a booster chair...

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Some tweets from Kiffin's presser....

Kiffin: "Our system is very qb friendly...didn't know we could run as many things w Blake."
Kiffin says he's learned so much from Saban that "I would have done it for free. I would have paid him."
Alabama OC Lane Kiffin on Blake Sims: "he was getting less reps than Jake (Coker) but he just went to work""We adjusted play calling"
Kiffin on Saban: "he's not stubborn." Says Saban directed O to be faster, more explosive plays. "Instead of fighting it, why not join it?"
Alabama OC Lane Kiffin on if he's rubbed off on Saban? "No, and I shouldn't. I was an unemployed coach."
Kiffin: "If Nick has a problem with you he doesn't talk behind your back, he tells you and moves on."
Kiffin winning this media session. Comes across as engaging, confident, but with a touch of humility/maturity he lacked in previous years.
Kiffin: On Tosh.O skit. I thought it was funny. My mom didn't like the language
Lane Kiffin: "We did not work on Christmas Eve."
Seems genuinely grateful for the opportunity at Alabama. Says he's "made many mistakes." Deflecting credit to Saban/players.
Kiffin praising DC Kirby Smart. "How can you not hire Kirby Smart (just because he's a defensive coach)?"
Kiffin said, “The phone wasn’t ringing a lot,” with job offers after he was fired. Said Saban didn’t care what media or fans thought.
Lane Kiffin on Kirby Smart being a HC "Everyone who has an opening should be flying to see Kirby Smart, who's put together a better resume?"
Kiffin: Blake Sims never brought up the transfer of Jake Coker once in the offseason.
Kiffin says Blake Sims decommitted from Bama to go to Tennessee. Then Kiffin left for USC one or two days later & he went to Bama.
Kiffin on how far Blake Sims: "He should be drafted ... he's done everything."
Lane Kiffin: I expect to be back at Alabama next year.
#Alabama OC Lane Kiffin said he thinks both Amari Cooper and T.J. Yeldon will enter the NFL draft after this season.
Lane said Saban once asked him: “How did you end up higher on the hated list than me?”
Lane Kiffin said Nick Saban is funnier than people think. Said Saban made a joke about Kiffin being higher on the most hated list.
Lane Kiffin said he and Nick Saban have different personalities, but they share a lot of the same beliefs. #Alabama
Lane Kiffin on sideline interactions with Nick Saban: He's going to tell you EXACTLY what's on his mind then they move on. #Alabama
Kiffin gets an NFL Q, says he prefers college game. "I don't even know what today is. I'm guessing Black Monday."
Lane Kiffin said he's enjoyed being a part of the Blake Sims story. Said he hopes they can finish it off the right way (with a championship)

Last edited:

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
I really hope we are just trying to hide things like how healthy is truly is. I am glad we have some depth there.
Maybe. I'm not sure how much there is to hide there. OSU and everyone else knows who are two main running backs are and our 3rd back. TJ had a few good runs vs Missouri but you could tell he wasn't close to 100%. I would be thrilled if we could get 15 or so solid runs out of him. I'm not sure we can though..

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Sounds like he still won't be 100%. Hamstrings are very easy to aggravate also..
Needless to say, he`ll be getting max treatments right up to game time. Sports medicine and the trainers are so advanced now that it wouldn`t surprise me if he`s not at 99% by game time. I`d bet, though, that OSU sees a LOT of D. Henry and T. Jones, though.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Needless to say, he`ll be getting max treatments right up to game time. Sports medicine and the trainers are so advanced now that it wouldn`t surprise me if he`s not at 99% by game time. I`d bet, though, that OSU sees a LOT of D. Henry and T. Jones, though.
Which is fine by me as long as we get Henry north and south. He has great straightline explosiveness but not so much laterally..

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.