Bo Scarborough Practicing with the Team

Mke4Bama

All-SEC
Nov 21, 2006
Cullman (Good Hope)
He does look a LOT like a blend of Drake's speed and agility and the size of a Fowler or Henry. I've not allowed myself to get excited about him until now that he is with the team.

I tellin ya though don't forget about Tyren Jones. Some poster earlier in the year said he was the best RB we had and everyone laughed but from what we have seen he runs like a Tazmanian deviled Mark Ingram!!!

Henry, Drake, Jones, and Bo? Wow man we are going to drop some points on teams if the run blocking improves.
I agree wholeheartedly. I've said for months now that when T Jones gets the ball he's the most complete RB we have. He reminds me of Johnny Musso with the angles he takes and the sudden shift in direction. Man, this spring is going to be fun.

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006
Guys, lets not get too overly excited here. Yes, he looks to be a great athlete, awesome with the ball in his hands. At this level he's going to have to show that his mind can handle the offensive complexity and that he can play without the ball. Remember how great Shaun Alexander was his Freshman year at LSU? He hadn't been playing because he couldn't block.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Guys, lets not get too overly excited here. Yes, he looks to be a great athlete, awesome with the ball in his hands. At this level he's going to have to show that his mind can handle the offensive complexity and that he can play without the ball. Remember how great Shaun Alexander was his Freshman year at LSU? He hadn't been playing because he couldn't block.
didn't he only come in because of injury?

Bamaglory

1st Team
Dec 8, 2005
I've heard he weighs 250lbs, which will make the conditioning program tough. I would assume he needs to get his weight down to the 230 range, which would be great.

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com
Bo's a bit like Drake. He's not really a pure running back and I think the way we use him will be similar in that he will play inside and out but he's not as blazingly quick as drake (who is?) and I think we will use him on shorter patterns and give him a chance to break a tackle. He could also be a real pill blocking on that WR screen. I like him as a 3rd down back as well but he's got to learn to block.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
He does look a LOT like a blend of Drake's speed and agility and the size of a Fowler or Henry. I've not allowed myself to get excited about him until now that he is with the team.

I tellin ya though don't forget about Tyren Jones. Some poster earlier in the year said he was the best RB we had and everyone laughed but from what we have seen he runs like a Tazmanian deviled Mark Ingram!!!

Henry, Drake, Jones, and Bo? Wow man we are going to drop some points on teams if the run blocking improves.
That is the BIG question mark.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I've heard he weighs 250lbs, which will make the conditioning program tough. I would assume he needs to get his weight down to the 230 range, which would be great.
It's hard to tell from the videos when they are in shoulder pads, but BS doesn't look like he'd go 250 to me. I think the 230 range is probably close to where he's at right now.

From what I've seen in the All-Star game and some videos his ceiling is way higher than Jalston Fowler's, and that's no slam of JF either!

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
it's christmas.... Can we get excited for once. i don't think there is nothing wrong with getting excited of what we'll have next year. The fact he is practicing iwth us this year is a gift to us that is rarely given by CNS :)

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
It's hard to tell from the videos when they are in shoulder pads, but BS doesn't look like he'd go 250 to me. I think the 230 range is probably close to where he's at right now.

From what I've seen in the All-Star game and some videos his ceiling is way higher than Jalston Fowler's, and that's no slam of JF either!
TIFWIW

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I don't think we'll have an issue with run blocking. We have some talent on OL for next year. It seems to me that the second team push the line little better than the starting line, and we have been moving the ball since LSU game. It has improved. The potential is there. We'll be fine. I don't think We'll see drake as third options anymore. He'll be moving all over the field like Kiffin did with Cooper, and he'll run here and there... so The job is essentally their to lose: (Henry, Jones, Tenpenney and Scabrough)

That is the BIG question mark.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Here's an interesting part: Since someone brought up the run blocking and how it needs to improve, I say this: Who will take on the role of blocking on WR Screen plays? White and Jones did great job of that.

Second thing to think about: We don't really have a depth at FB and HB positions and the TE is looking somewhat shaky. I would think we'll see Bo at those positions.. and he'll once in a while will line up at RB and WR. I don't see him getting lot of snaps next year, but he'll play just enough to have an impact on the team. We'll know more about what the game plan will most likely will be in spring. That is around time players are giving out hints to which players will be huge. Last year, a player on the team spoke highly of Drake and how he would be very special.. Players talked about Cooper and White.

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
So why is Bo wearing #1? Chris Black is wearing that number and plays offense so they wouldn't be able to be on the field together. Either one of them is changing numbers or we might have to worry about Black transferring out...

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
So why is Bo wearing #1? Chris Black is wearing that number and plays offense so they wouldn't be able to be on the field together. Either one of them is changing numbers or we might have to worry about Black transferring out...
Its just a practice Jersey.

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
But players wear their jersey numbers during practice. They haven't put on scout team jerseys yet. Bo's number was 1 in the preseason media guide IIRC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Isn't there players with the same # on the team already though?

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.