The Day After: Alabama vs. WSU (Postgame)

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
If we beat UCLA, it will be nothing more than a "feel good" win. No matter how good they are it will be home game and road wins are the key to us either getting in or not. The loss last night to Wichita State will be considered a quality loss, but the narrative the media will harp on will be the road game record. We won't have many opportunities to win road games against quality opponents the rest of the season since the SEC is not considered a strong basketball conference.

We are 6-3 at this point in the year and have a few games we should win in the next few weeks with the UCLA game being a toss up. If we lose to any of the 3 games in December aside from UCLA and we are toast. Assuming we get to conference play at 9-4 and then we have to in my estimation go 12-4 in the conference to have a chance. We have UK and our nemesis Vandy twice, Florida, Missouri, LSU, and Georgia. No room for error now.

Athens-LA-Tide

All-SEC
Feb 6, 2001
Ptown, OR
www.urbagedesigns.com
So many great points but one thing is left out! WSU!!!!! Dudes, this is a final 4 team on a major home win streak that sells out every game, that crowd wa amazing. Did anyone besides me watch the WSU vs Utah game earlier this year? WSU did this exact thing to them, except Utah made their last FT to get them into OT only to lose! We want to win so bad, I'm with yall, but last night is not a "usual norml" loss for Bama. We are improved and personally I think last night's game will help us get in the tourney of we can just hold SEC serve. Vitale even said it "this team is improved and I didnt expect it"....Roll Tide!!!!!

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
So many great points but one thing is left out! WSU!!!!! Dudes, this is a final 4 team on a major home win streak that sells out every game, that crowd wa amazing. Did anyone besides me watch the WSU vs Utah game earlier this year? WSU did this exact thing to them, except Utah made their last FT to get them into OT only to lose! We want to win so bad, I'm with yall, but last night is not a "usual norml" loss for Bama. We are improved and personally I think last night's game will help us get in the tourney of we can just hold SEC serve. Vitale even said it "this team is improved and I didnt expect it"....Roll Tide!!!!!
Agree WSU is a good team, but the fact remains our road record will be the determining factor and we lost our only 2 OOC games against quality opponents. We have no more road games that will help the RPI except UK and do we really think we are going to beat UK in Lexington. How many times will you hear from the ESPN talking heads talk about our road record. We'll be a bubble team again that will be one of the last teams out if we do not win a few road games. I expect realistically we'll be around 10-8 in the conference which will put us in the upper half, but not in the NCAA tourney. I suspect the SEC gets no more than 4 teams in the big dance. We will be in the "Not Invited Tournament" again.

Last edited:

Born2Roll

3rd Team
Oct 8, 2004
Tallahassee, FL
The game was lost when we failed to make adjustments to their press in the final minutes; either with personnel changes or how we attacked it. I like Grant, and I'm pulling for him but he got outcoached in crunch time once again. Our players were on reeling with the crowd, bad calls, and turnovers. It's his job to stop the bleeding, and he didn't. This may be the best team he's had in terms of personnel and quality depth. If Grant can't lead them to the NCAA tourney, then it's time to make a change.

Crimson_Knight

Scout Team
Jun 8, 2006
A lot of talent on this team compared to,, what the last 4 years. One sided refs on letting it be physical. I would have liked for CAG to have at least mixed up the man D to at least the 3-2 at the end. The D was at least something the team could control. Hopefully this makes them more hungry. Very scrappy D 3/4 of the game and they settled in on O. Lets see what happen in the next game.

Roll Tide!!

TexasBama

TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA
I did not get to see the game, but a one point road loss to an RPI Top 4 team is not bad. In the past we would have gotten blasted. Hope to get a chance to see the UCLA game, and hope we can get beat those guys.

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
The team looks much more organized on offense this year, and I say that as one of Coach Grant's harshest critics historically. I see a good bit of improvement, but I also see a team with a small margin of error. If Taylor keeps improving, and Hale continues to grow into the scorer's role, this team can beat some folks. But it won't be easy.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.