Oliver Luck Leaving West Virginia to Join NCAA Staff

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Story

West Virginia University athletic director Oliver Luck is leaving for an NCAA job, according to the Charleston Daily Mail's Mike Casazza. Casazza reports Luck will be "something of second-in-charge there to oversee NCAA reform."

Luck, the father of Indianapolis Colts quarterback Andrew Luck, has run WVU's athletic department since 2010, following a career mostly in pro sports. In that time, the school escaped the collapsing Big East for the Big 12. He's also the conference's only current member of the College Football Playoff selection committee. Luck has been widely considered a top candidate for athletic director jobs at Stanford and Texas over the last few years.

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
I actually think Mack Brown would be an excellent choice. He's been successful in multiple conferences, he's won a championship so he knows what a championship team needs, and he's far enough removed from the game that I think he could be fairly unbiased in his selections. I would certainly take him over any of the active AD's that are already on it.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.