64-team playoff (What it might be like)

RedStar

Hall of Fame
Jan 28, 2005
The Shoals, AL
Even thinking about that makes me want to quit watching football.
What if we combined FCS, DII, DIII & FBS and did away with the regular season? You could have a 512 team tournament starting in September each year and play a round per week.

Sure some teams would only play 1 or 2 games and their season would be over, but we'd have a true champion!

B

BamaJ

Some of yall need to unwad your panties. It's for entertainment. Mercy.

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA
If we want the best team to be the National Champion then we need to keep the playoff field small to minimize the chance of an upset in the playoff. 64 teams is even too much for basketball IMO.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
Serious discussion of this would make KraZy blow his top, and require extra database space :D
You think you're joking but I did crash a website once, via an extremely long stream of text...
Edit: I also ran out of database space on my website once to, but in my defense it wasn't just me that caused that. :p_conf:

Last edited:

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
I know it is unpopular but I don't see anything wrong with it as long as it is confined to 32 teams (to replace the top 25 in the polls). Five games at the end of an 8 game regular season - no conference championship game. Yea, it would never happen but I am not adamantly against it. No flames please just an opinion.

B

BamaJ

Exactly what I was saying Hooks. It's all for fun and entertainment. Now, I'd love it if we could have a playoff like this, but this is football. You would kill those kids.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.