Tom Roberts' Replacement

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
I thought about both of them too. Jay Barker is more polished IMO.

Don't know how much time is required for Tom Roberts gig, but Jay Barker could probably pull off his morning radio show and this too.
Jay also has an insurance agency. The three together might be too much for one person. Plus, he travels quite a bit with Sarah and his family. I think he likes the flexibility his two current jobs give him.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Chris Stewart is already the sideline reporter and is the logical replacement for Eli. I don't see him taking Tom's spot.

Wouldn't shock me to see Christopher England get the job. He's the producer of TideTV and is the guy in the videos released by the athletic program.

TDBama78

All-American
Jul 11, 2007
I'd Stewart ever goes in the booth I hope the replace him with a former player for on field reporting. I thought b Krause did a good job but jerry Duncan is the all time best.

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
Tom's two sons work with the CTSN, but I'm not sure if they're "in front of the camera" or "on the mic" guys are they are technical guys. So yeah, I think Chris Stewart is the logical choice.

And for what it's worth, I really enjoyed when Barry Krauss was around for those couple of years.

Roll Tide 57

1st Team
Oct 20, 2014
Plant City FL
Joe Willie might take it?

i would really like to hear someone like Jeremiah Castile, Kerry Goode, Shaun Alexander, you know guys like this you can just feel the passion about Alabama when they talk.

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL
I'd Stewart ever goes in the booth I hope the replace him with a former player for on field reporting. I thought b Krause did a good job but jerry Duncan is the all time best.
Man I loved Jerry Duncan! I remember a game where they went down to him to check a measurement and he was ask "How close is it going to be?" He replied "I don't know, but there is one hell of a fight going on in section G." Classic.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Ah yes, the Vern Lundquist school of broadcasting......lol
No joke! If you are paying me, I guarantee you that I can learn the names of the players. Crap I can snap them off now watching the t.v. and I don't get paid! I just never understood why people loved Watts so much because he butchers all kinds of crap when he was on those PPV's the past few years. He makes me want to fall asleep after I slap him and tell him to get the names right.

PS-Yes I feel the same about Vern too:biggrin:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.