Tom Roberts' Replacement

B

BamaJ

Is it blasphemy to say that I wish Stewart would take Eli's spot right now??? I love me some Chris Stewart. BOTTOM!!!!

Tug Tide

All-American
Aug 27, 2006
Redneck Riviera, Panama City Beach, FL
I know Gmac has a good gig with SECn, but he would be my choice. I'm sure it's only a matter of time before he moves up the ladder at ESPN. I recorded and later watch the PF Iron Bowl telecast. Greg did an outstanding job on his analysis.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Eli Gold is the play-by-play guy.

Phil Savage is the color guy / analyst.

To mix a lot of metaphors, Tom Roberts' role is the utility infielder. He's the mortar between bricks. The straw that stirs the drink. As in the old BASF commercials: he doesn't make a lot of things....he makes them better.

I think one day, when Eli hangs it up, Chris Stewart would be the one to take over his duties. But he doesn't have the game experience to be the color guy in today's broadcast world. Doug Layton could do it back in the day, but the audience now simply demands too much analytical capability.

Meanwhile, Stewart's a great choice to sit in Roberts' role.

I could see GMac in the color chair at some point, but I think he'd have to choose between being on the SEC Network and being the color guy for an SEC school's radio broadcast. Something tells me the SECN pays a lot more.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Hey guy's, here's a couple of sugestions: Tyler Watts or Jay Barker.
I thought about both of them too. Jay Barker is more polished IMO.

Don't know how much time is required for Tom Roberts gig, but Jay Barker could probably pull off his morning radio show and this too.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.