Poll: The Future of Alabama Basketball

The Future of Alabama Basketball:

• Regardless of making post season play, coaching change.

Votes: 53 32.3%
  • Alabama makes the NIT, no coaching change.

Votes: 25 15.2%
  • Alabama makes the NIT, coaching change.

Votes: 26 15.9%
  • Alabama makes the NCAA, no coaching change.

Votes: 53 32.3%
  • Alabama goes beyond first Round of NCAA, no coaching change

Votes: 22 13.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
Please Answer the question above. You may choose "multiple" answers, but if you choose selection 1 it only makes sense to only select that choice.

Last edited:

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Regardless of making post season play coaching change. Then again I've been wanting a coaching change for the past 3 years. The reason: the past 3 season Bama is 1-21 vs RPI Top 50. At some point you have to win a big game and not just be in the game. Grant proved again last night that he is incapable of getting this program over the hump. I think out of 100 coaches that at least 75, probably more, could have closed that game out last night with a W. We are now in year 6 of mediocrity, time to move on IMO..

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
I actually think he will be safe at least another year if we make the NIT with this "newer team". Like I said before, I don't think that the NCAA Committee will reach that far into the SEC for the "Dance".

I voted no coaching change if we make any post-season, but I'm not completely sold he'll be safe if we go to NIT.

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
I am torn. I am still a little undecided as to how we'll do the rest of the year. I think it may be necessary to make a change, but I am not sure Coach Battle will feel the same.

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
Says the poll closes March 27, 2015; we've got some time to ponder.:)

ETA: I voted.
Too few games played and too much time left to vote at this time. I'll give it a few more weeks to see how the season is going.
Personally, I'd love to see us get into the tourney and do well, and the team make improvements under CAG. I don't think we'll see that, but it would be nice.

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
I voted gone no matter what but, I wanted him gone last year. Should have made a run at Bruce Pearl, Auburn will be elite eight/final four contenders with in 3 years. They got as close to a Saban type hire as you can get in college basketball and I wanted Bama to make a run for him but, the PTB decided mediocracy was good enough. 1-21 vs. top 50 RPI is pathetic. We wouldn't accept that from a football coach so, why do we accept it for basketball? Maybe I'm still upset about Tuesday night's game but, I've lost all hope for an NCAA bid this season.

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
This team is an improvement over last year but unless they learn how to win a big game then the results aren't going to be much better and the best we can hope for is a NIT bid. I try not to criticize CAG too much but I haven't seen anything out of him that gives me any hope or confidence that he is the right person for the job. He still has the rest of the season to prove me wrong and I hope he does that but at this point in the season I don't see any real change from the prior 3 seasons.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I am torn. I am still a little undecided as to how we'll do the rest of the year. I think it may be necessary to make a change, but I am not sure Coach Battle will feel the same.
This.

Every time I think Grant's time is up, the team does something to give me hope. Whether they win or show drastic improvement from one game to the next, they do something to give me enough hope to allow Grant to stay.

I understand Battle's decision either way as of right now. The rest of the season can easily push me to 100% keeping or 100% firing, but I can see either happening right now and wouldn't wonder why the decision was made.

My biggest reservation about firing him - who do we get? That's the big problem with any coach situation. Promise me we get someone that steps in and reach the tournament every year, and I'll be happy. Tell me we will go to the mid-majors to get someone, and I'll have my reservations.

Things are working out similar to the 2006 football season, though. A former college coach is not doing so well in the pro's and may consider coming back to the collegiate ranks. Can we get Brad Stevens out of Boston? If so, do it.

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
This.

Every time I think Grant's time is up, the team does something to give me hope. Whether they win or show drastic improvement from one game to the next, they do something to give me enough hope to allow Grant to stay.

I understand Battle's decision either way as of right now. The rest of the season can easily push me to 100% keeping or 100% firing, but I can see either happening right now and wouldn't wonder why the decision was made.

My biggest reservation about firing him - who do we get? That's the big problem with any coach situation. Promise me we get someone that steps in and reach the tournament every year, and I'll be happy. Tell me we will go to the mid-majors to get someone, and I'll have my reservations.

Things are working out similar to the 2006 football season, though. A former college coach is not doing so well in the pro's and may consider coming back to the collegiate ranks. Can we get Brad Stevens out of Boston? If so, do it.
This is my biggest problem with the situation. The "young" coaching talent just recently received extensions and who wants to come here and "right the ship"? Please don't say Izzo.

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
This.

I would be thrilled with Brad Stevens. I really think if our AD will make a commitment to the basketball program then there is no reason why we can't get a top-notch coach like Stevens. Yes, I know CAG was considered a home-run hire at the time and I applaud Coach Moore for that hire. Sometimes they work out, sometimes they don't. Even if we hire Stevens (or someone similar) it might not work out but I think he is a proven commodity and could turn things around. I still hope CAG will turn things around before the end of the season but time is running short and the SEC is not going to give him many opportunities to prove me wrong.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.