If we beat Ohio State, who do you want to see us play?

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Sorry if this has been posted but I'm wondering who everyone here wants us to play if we beat Ohio State.

I am happy with either one just because we owe F$U from the Shula era and of course I want to play Oregon just because their fans have been chanting they want us for years now. If I had to pick one from the two I'd have to say I would rather see us play Oregon. I think it would probably be a bigger draw just because of the distance between the two, I don't think many would be overly excited in a Bama vs. F$U title game with two Southern teams again.

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
Assuming we win against Ohio State, I'd be happy for us to play whichever team makes it from the Oregon vs. Florida State game.

Personally, I'd prefer FSU from both a match-up standpoint and I want us to be the ones who end FSU's streak.

I also think we match up well with Oregon fwiw.

Jordan54

1st Team
Aug 20, 2007
Gardendale, Al
Oregon. Let's end the debate once and for all. They have no idea what they would be up against. Bigger, stronger, faster, and a tradition they can only dream about.

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA
I would rather play Florida State. I think it would be much easier to stop Winston than Mariota. Also as another poster mentioned it would be great if Alabama was the team that ended the Florida State winning streak.

TrueCrimson7

All-American
Sep 21, 2014
USA
Assuming the Sugar Bowl goes our way... I think Mariota is a better dual-threat QB than Winston and he throws less interceptions, but there's something to be said for the fact that FSU has found a way to win every game for the last 2 years (though granted against inferior teams). I guess I would lean toward playing Oregon.

B

BamaJ

I'm really torn here. I'd love to beat J-Boo's rear end. I think our front would give him heck like he's never seen. And I have a really good feeling that we would beat FSU. I don't think they pose as much of a threat as Oregon. But, I'd love to shut Oregon up. They're finally on the big stage and didn't choke it away, so let's see what happens when the brightest lights in college football come on. I just don't know.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
From a competitive standpoint, getting Oregon would be the far easier match-up for Alabama. That was the case before the Ekpre-Olomu injury, and it's even more the case now in his absence.

We'll see, but I don't expect it matters. I imagine FSU wins it, so I view it as us having to go through both the Buckeyes and the 'Noles.

Bama Czar

1st Team
Sep 1, 2010
Woodstock, GA
Sorry if this has been posted but I'm wondering who everyone here wants us to play if we beat Ohio State.

I am happy with either one just because we owe F$U from the Shula era and of course I want to play Oregon just because their fans have been chanting they want us for years now. If I had to pick one from the two I'd have to say I would rather see us play Oregon. I think it would probably be a bigger draw just because of the distance between the two, I don't think many would be overly excited in a Bama vs. F$U title game with two Southern teams again.
The "recent" FSU loss was during Saban's 1st yr.

bobstod

All-American
Oct 13, 1999
Magnolia Springs, AL. USA
Since every national champion for the past 10 years or so has had frontage on the Gulf of Mexico, I would like us to be the only team in the finals with that distinction. Besides, I would love to see how Oregon would compete against us.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Oregon. Im tired of people calling for this matchup so lets finally do this. Seriously it seems like the Mayweather vs Pacquiao fight.

BadgerTidefan

1st Team
Dec 2, 2006
Jennings, FL
I want FSU beaten, not just beaten but embarrassed. I'm ok with Oregon handling that. I would have to choose the Alabama/ Oregon matchup for the reasons already stated here. The national interest will be tremendous, probably the most watched championship ever. We have to spank Urban first, which I think we will.

G8RNGA

3rd Team
Dec 6, 2014
Like Badger, I want FSU slapped silly. I'd like to see Oregon and Alabama play for it all. Two different styles of football that come from the two top conferences leading the country these days.

B

BroadwayJoe777

Call me crazy, but I am almost positive FSU beats Oregon. I think this because FSU is like a strong SEC school and I don't think Oregon can physically compete with them. It will be a close game, but FSU will win in the end.
That being said, Looks like we will have the chance to B R E A K this little FSU win streak.

G8RNGA

3rd Team
Dec 6, 2014
Call me crazy, but I am almost positive FSU beats Oregon. I think this because FSU is like a strong SEC school and I don't think Oregon can physically compete with them. It will be a close game, but FSU will win in the end.
That being said, Looks like we will have the chance to B R E A K this little FSU win streak.
You gave me permission, so here it goes: you're crazy! :lol:

FSU is flat out lucky and is by no means an SEC caliber school. If they meet a team that can play all three phases, they'll lose. Each team that's nearly beaten them (including my team) failed in one of those three phases to let them back in to the game. In our case, our offense couldn't score from the FSU 30-yd line after our defense caused 4 turnovers. Their luck will run out.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.