Michigan taking another run at Harbaugh - $48M!

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
Bummer. I was hoping Smitty and Dimitroff would be fired today and Harbaugh would get the Falcons HC job and somebody competent would get the GM job.
If they lose today, at least you will get the first part of your wish. Dimitroff is gone either way i think, but Smith will have to make the Super Bowl to save his job.

If they lose today, at least you will get the first part of your wish. Dimitroff is gone either way i think, but Smith will have to make the Super Bowl to save his job.
Indeed. No reason for a team as talented as ATL back in to the playoffs and possibly miss it like they are right now. Enough about the NFL! ;) But I hope ATL makes it.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus RTR

BuckeyeAlumnus

Suspended
Dec 9, 2014
Columbus, OH
We found out, pre-Saban, how a great rivalry can free-fall in the eyes of a nation. College football needs a deeper and more competitive BIG. The fact that the SEC has a great game every Saturday, then ends its season with a veritable Civil War that has helped determine the last 5 national championships, is hard to match.
Agreed. I hate UM but I do want the rivalry to get back to meaning something nationally...so I'm very torn on this (since I also like kicking their [Mark May] every year).

But this should be fun. The Big Ten needs Michigan to carry its weight. Ohio State has been all alone the past decade

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
Indeed. No reason for a team as talented as ATL back in to the playoffs and possibly miss it like they are right now. Enough about the NFL! ;) But I hope ATL makes it.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus RTR
I really do feel bad for Smith. They've had a ton of injuries this year. OL was decimated from the get go. I wonder how much of a day he has in personnel decisions. I'm not a Dimitroff fan.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Harbaugh and Meyer in the same division, ought to be some big games. Regardless who wins the B1G West the conference winner will come out of the UM vs tOSU game, probably every year.

GreatDanish

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2005
TN
Harbaugh and Meyer in the same division, ought to be some big games. Regardless who wins the B1G West the conference winner will come out of the UM vs tOSU game, probably every year.
I think you mean the East... and I don't know... Dantonio's Spartans will have a say in who wins the East. And the West will hardly even be competitive with the East.

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
Agreed. I hate UM but I do want the rivalry to get back to meaning something nationally...so I'm very torn on this (since I also like kicking their [Mark May] every year).

But this should be fun. The Big Ten needs Michigan to carry its weight. Ohio State has been all alone the past decade

Hardly, OSU just won its first Big title in 5 years.

CaliforniaTide

All-American
Aug 9, 2006
Huntsville, AL
As a Niners fan, I'm disgusted by the way the front office has treated Harbaugh in this way so that they and the coach can "mutually" part ways. However, it is what it is. If Harbaugh can replicate his Stanford success at Michigan, Urban Meyer may start having those heart attacks again. The Niners better have a fool-proof plan for finding someone that can replicate Harbaugh's success in San Francisco. The only way that coach can truly replace Harbaugh is by winning a Super Bowl.

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
As a Niners fan, I'm disgusted by the way the front office has treated Harbaugh in this way so that they and the coach can "mutually" part ways. However, it is what it is. If Harbaugh can replicate his Stanford success at Michigan, Urban Meyer may start having those heart attacks again. The Niners better have a fool-proof plan for finding someone that can replicate Harbaugh's success in San Francisco. The only way that coach can truly replace Harbaugh is by winning a Super Bowl.
It's NFL arrogance. He is being treated much like Nick Saban was when he left the Dolphins. How dare anyone snub the NFL.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
You got that right. It does seem odd. The NFL tolerates mediocre coaches all the time. How many teams did Marty Schottenheimer coach? He just got passed from team to team. Frequently competitive, but never getting over the hump.
I think in a few years, the 49ers will look back at this with regret.
Then again, I live in the blast radius of one of the most dysfunctional programs in the NFL: The Redskins. They stink on ice and there is a ten-year waiting list for season tickets.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
You got that right. It does seem odd. The NFL tolerates mediocre coaches all the time. How many teams did Marty Schottenheimer coach? He just got passed from team to team. Frequently competitive, but never getting over the hump.
I think in a few years, the 49ers will look back at this with regret.
Then again, I live in the blast radius of one of the most dysfunctional programs in the NFL: The Redskins. They stink on ice and there is a ten-year waiting list for season tickets.
the list of NFL coaches that get recycled is a long one. The Jets are going to fire Rex Ryan and the Falcons are going to fire Mike Smith. The Falcons seem to want to hire Ryan. It really is perplexing.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.