Michigan taking another run at Harbaugh - $48M!

TouchThatThang

All-SEC
Feb 8, 2014
^ This. The amount of money he is being offered is obscene. He couldn't get it done with Andrew Luck and a great defense. Michigan should be ashamed of this and I hope they either get embarrassed and rebuffed, or all of that money (that could have been going to other areas of the school) is wasted on a guy that doesn't really measure up when it counts.
Just wait til Chip Kelly misses the playoffs again next year and y'all are writing a blank check for a guy who has never won an NFL playoff game.

TouchThatThang

All-SEC
Feb 8, 2014
NFL ≠ NCAA. We've seen it over and over.
How many coaches who narrowly lost a Super Bowl went back to college and didn't succeed? Not saying it's never happened, but I can't think of any examples. Usually when a guy has the amount success Harbaugh has had in the NFL, he simply doesn't go back to college. There are numerous examples of great college coaches who couldn't get it done, but I don't think it works both ways.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
You know he will turn them down. The Jets, Raiders, Dolphins, Bears, or Falcons will be calling him. I'd be surprised if he even blinks at this offer.
As a Falcons fan I would take him over Smitty.

I still sat Mullen will be at Michigan next year.

That is way too much money for any coach.

G8RNGA

3rd Team
Dec 6, 2014
How many coaches who narrowly lost a Super Bowl went back to college and didn't succeed? Not saying it's never happened, but I can't think of any examples. Usually when a guy has the amount success Harbaugh has had in the NFL, he simply doesn't go back to college. There are numerous examples of great college coaches who couldn't get it done, but I don't think it works both ways.
Has there ever been a coach that coached a team in the Super Bowl and then coached college, let alone succeed? None comes to mind. He's a rare breed to have had success at both levels.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Has there ever been a coach that coached a team in the Super Bowl and then coached college, let alone succeed? None comes to mind. He's a rare breed to have had success at both levels.
Bobby ross is all I can find, but thats pushing it since he went to army and didnt do anything

TouchThatThang

All-SEC
Feb 8, 2014
He should have been fired after the Detroit fiasco. The only reason he wasn't was because the NFC South is horrible this year and the Falcons are somehow in the hunt for the division.
The Falcons would be fools to keep him again. Has he ever fielded a good defense? For all the heat Matt Ryan takes, he and Roddy White (and recently Julio) are the only reason they make the playoffs every year. They know exactly what they're getting with Smith.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.