Michigan taking another run at Harbaugh - $48M!

G8RNGA

3rd Team
Dec 6, 2014
According to Ian Rapoport "Sources: #Michigan has made another run at Jim Harbaugh after he initially rebuffed the school. U-M has made an offer of 6 years, $48M. Wow."

That's a lot of money! They really want him there.

JTBama

All-American
Jul 2, 2005
Some where out there
According to Ian Rapoport "Sources: #Michigan has made another run at Jim Harbaugh after he initially rebuffed the school. U-M has made an offer of 6 years, $48M. Wow."

That's a lot of money! They really want him there.
Wow, thats a whole lotta dough. I know it would certainly make me think again.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
That's more than Saban, a four-time national champion. That's more than Belichick, a three-time Super Bowl champion.

tidefanbeezer

All-American
Sep 25, 2006
Atlanta, GA
He strikes me as a guy that won't return to college unless he exhausted every possible NFL gig. And I don't think he's near that point yet. Too many NFL teams still willing to take a risk on him, despite the growing perception that he is a pain to work with.

From Michigan perspective, if they do land him, they had better hope he stays at least 6 years. Otherwise, they could be the next Tennessee if he decides to head back to the NFL after 2 or 3 years. If they don't land him, then this is kind of embarrassing for them that this became public. If $8 million a year can't lure someone to Michigan, what does that say about your program?

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Honestly this is their ONLY shot at a homerun hire. If he turns them down they are back to another lackluster hire like they did with Hoke.

But if he does take it look out, that would be a very solid hire and they would be a big player in the Big Ten.

Just not sure he wants to coach in college, but that is enough money to change minds these days.

G8RNGA

3rd Team
Dec 6, 2014
That's more than Saban, a four-time national champion. That's more than Belichick, a three-time Super Bowl champion.
^^^This! I know he did well at Stanford, but this is a large sum to throw at a coach that really hasn't proven a lot and may bolt for the NFL again if given the opportunity. They better have a strong out-clause.

G8RNGA

3rd Team
Dec 6, 2014
Honestly this is their ONLY shot at a homerun hire. If he turns them down they are back to another lackluster hire like they did with Hoke.

But if he does take it look out, that would be a very solid hire and they would be a big player in the Big Ten.

Just not sure he wants to coach in college, but that is enough money to change minds these days.
Mullen is on line two if he turns it down!

TouchThatThang

All-SEC
Feb 8, 2014
That's a ridiculous amount of money for a guy who has was 29-21 at Stanford, never winning the Pac10...
But it's not a ridiculous amount of money for a guy who took over perennial loser in the NFL and took them to the NFC championship game his first three years...

oregonbltzkrieg

1st Team
Sep 17, 2013
Ducks at Warp Speed
That's a ridiculous amount of money for a guy who has was 29-21 at Stanford, never winning the Pac10...
^ This. The amount of money he is being offered is obscene. He couldn't get it done with Andrew Luck and a great defense. Michigan should be ashamed of this and I hope they either get embarrassed and rebuffed, or all of that money (that could have been going to other areas of the school) is wasted on a guy that doesn't really measure up when it counts.

G8RNGA

3rd Team
Dec 6, 2014
^ This. The amount of money he is being offered is obscene. He couldn't get it done with Andrew Luck and a great defense. Michigan should be ashamed of this and I hope they either get embarrassed and rebuffed, or all of that money (that could have been going to other areas of the school) is wasted on a guy that doesn't really measure up when it counts.
You know he will turn them down. The Jets, Raiders, Dolphins, Bears, or Falcons will be calling him. I'd be surprised if he even blinks at this offer.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.