Michigan taking another run at Harbaugh - $48M!

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I think it's been a done deal for at least a week and he's Michigan's new coach.
At first I was in the boat that he wasnt going to Michigan, but now Im 80% sure he is. Even if he isnt I think they have a number two man that said he would accept it right away. Now who that number 2 guy is is a mystery, but I wouldnt be suprised if Gundy,Shaw, or somebody else legit that hasnt been overly talked about is that man. Michigan will make a good to great hire this time is what I think.

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
I don't think Michigan would be still waiting if they didn't have a pretty good sense that they will get Harbough.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Michigan is going to need a new coach in 2018/2019 once Jim Harbaugh returns to the NFL.
If he can turn them around, that would be fine. The problem right now is that Michigan has completely run off the road, and the ditch that they find themselves in is deep. First step - get out of the ditch. Worry about the next step later.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
If he can turn them around, that would be fine. The problem right now is that Michigan has completely run off the road, and the ditch that they find themselves in is deep. First step - get out of the ditch. Worry about the next step later.
If he can do what he did at Stanford I'll take my chances in him being successful at the Big House. He should be able to right the ship quickly. That said, it is much more than an onfield issue. He needs to clean house much the way Saban did here to change the culture. JMO.

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
If he can do what he did at Stanford I'll take my chances in him being successful at the Big House. He should be able to right the ship quickly. That said, it is much more than an onfield issue. He needs to clean house much the way Saban did here to change the culture. JMO.
He needs to have complete control of football operations. Otherwise nothing will change.

BuckeyeAlumnus

Suspended
Dec 9, 2014
Columbus, OH
They will be instantly more competitive solely due to better coaching. Hoke brought in decent recruiting classes just couldn't develop or coach worth a damn. Not sure if they'll get back to elite status or not, but if Harbaugh is there more than four years then I'd bet they will. Here's to hoping he departs after 3 years

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
He did pretty well at Stanford and I don't think he inherited a more stable program at that time. Michigan >>>>Stanford, football program-wise. I was completely wrong; I never thought he would go back. He may become a coaching nomad, especially if he goes back to the pros in a few years. If, however, he makes the mean weasels contenders in short order, he may stay around a while. It should, in all likelihood, make that league much stronger and more competitive PDQ.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
They will be instantly more competitive solely due to better coaching. Hoke brought in decent recruiting classes just couldn't develop or coach worth a damn. Not sure if they'll get back to elite status or not, but if Harbaugh is there more than four years then I'd bet they will. Here's to hoping he departs after 3 years
We found out, pre-Saban, how a great rivalry can free-fall in the eyes of a nation. College football needs a deeper and more competitive BIG. The fact that the SEC has a great game every Saturday, then ends its season with a veritable Civil War that has helped determine the last 5 national championships, is hard to match.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.