Mike Bobo to pursue Colorado State job

tidefanbeezer

All-American
Sep 25, 2006
Atlanta, GA
CJM 2 national championships , 1SEC championship is more accomplished than CMB's 0 and 0 over last 4 years. It is not always about overall offensive output. Identifying the team's strength and playing to it, is more important than statistical numbers . Coach Mac designed an offense to control time of possession , shorten the game and compliment the defense. Mike Bobo's offense has been really good at times, and not so good at critical moments. Inconsistency and bad play calling at critical times are lowlights of the last 4 years in Athens. They are also the reason many will not miss Mike Bobo in Sanford Stadium.
CJM had the benefit of an amazing Defensive coordinator and and excellent head coach, Bobo did not, which is why I stuck to offensive accomplishments. McElwain offense vs Bobo offense - both are fairly accomplished. But I will agree that Bobo has had some bonehead moments. Though, it could be Richt overriding things in certain situations that leads to bonehead calls.

I think Bobo is a good OC and would do well at CSU.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
McElwain offense vs Bobo offense - both are fairly accomplished. But I will agree that Bobo has had some bonehead moments. Though, it could be Richt overriding things in certain situations that leads to bonehead calls.
And, if we're completely honest, while CJM was great at Bama, he had his share of boneheaded calls, too. There were plenty of occasions where we were running the ball down someone's throat and on 3rd and 2 he called a pass play.

IOW, CJM benefited tremendously by being surround (and led by) amazing coaches. I'm betting Bobo would be amazing under CNS, too...

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Colorado State closing in on deal to hire Mike Bobo as football coach

After final interviews on Sunday that included school president Tony Frank, Colorado State Monday was closing in on a deal to name Georgia offensive coordinator Mike Bobo as the Rams' head football coach.

Bobo, 40, would succeed Jim McElwain, who accepted the job at Florida after guiding the Rams to a 10-2 regular-season record in his third season at CSU.

The hire of Bobo at least on the surface would be going back to a repeat formula — tapping a Southeastern Conference offensive coordinator — as CSU attempts to build on the Rams' surprising season and move toward finalization of plans for construction of an on-campus stadium to open in 2017.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
I suspect Bobo would do well at CSU.
In my lifetime CSU has had a handful of winning seasons. Well, maybe more, but my point is that they are a little known bottom feeder in a lesser conference. Hiring another SEC OC is bound to be a boost to them. I think they will do well under Bobo. I am sure CSU can dig up some awesome numbers to impress recruits with ..... while not 2 NC rings and such, still it is better than having hired a HC from Furman or some such place.

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
I think Bobo can and will be successful at Colorado state. Georgia fans may not realize it, but they are losing a good OC. Best of luck to him.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Will Friend going to CSU to be Bobo's offensive coordinator. Link

In an expected move, we have confirmed that Will Friend will have the title of Offensive Coordinator joining the staff that Mike Bobo is putting together at Colorado State.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.