Mal Moore Autobiography: Crimson Heart Let Me Tell You My Story

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Saw this the other day and got it for my dad as a Christmas gift. Thought some of you might want a heads up. Link

During his incredible career in athletics, Mal Moore became the only person to earn 10 National Championship rings in football. From his days growing up in Dozier to playing for the Alabama Crimson Tide to coaching under the legendary Paul Bryant to his days as an administrator, Coach Moore told his story to Steve Townsend in Crimson Heart: I Want to Tell You my Story. In his autobiography, Moore details:

• Growing up in rural Alabama and fulfilling his dream of playing for the Crimson Tide
• His personal memories of the National Championship runs
• His own near death experience
• Alabama’s switch to the wishbone
• Recruiting trips
• What Coach Paul “Bear” Bryant meant to him
• Coaching at Notre Dame and the Cardinals
• Dealing with his wife’s Charlotte’s long battle with Alzheimer
• His efforts to rebuild the Alabama football program
• The true behind-the-scenes account of what really happened with the hiring of Nick Saban
• And, the honors that came his way in his final days

This book is in the words of Mal M. Moore with the closing chapter written by one of his trusted aides Ronny Robertson who details the final weeks of Coach Moore’s life. For anyone who is a fan of the Crimson Tide, this is a must read account of one of the legendary careers of a man who spent nearly 50 years at the Capstone as a player, coach and athletic director.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Wow, thank you for posting this! I will definitely get this one. What a life...what a man and what a legacy he left at the Capstone.

tmv85

All-SEC
Several years ago, I was privileged to hear Coach Moore speak at an alumni function. Afterwards, I waited a few minutes to be able to speak to him. As I stood there, he reached out and took my hand, and in the 4 or 5 minutes that we spoke, he truly made me feel as if I were the only person in the room. That is one of my most favorite memories. I'll be purchasing this book!

RobK

All-SEC
Aug 27, 2004
Holts Summit, MO
knodell.blog-city.com
The book is now available at the Amazon Kindle Store. I downloaded it late last week, and couldn't hardly put it down until finishing it. It is amazing insight into Coach Moore's entire distinguished life and career, with his trademark great stories and perspectives on our storied football history. I was amazed at the rich variety of relationships he had that went beyond Alabama football. It's hard to pick out a favorite story in the book, but the one about him receiving the mounted turkey after a home football game was the one that made me laugh the hardest.

I highly recommend this book to any Tide fan.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.