Dear Cancer...

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
I am sorry to hear about your mother. Cancer is horrible in every way...it took my Mother away 11 years ago.

Sending prayers your way.

always4bama

1st Team
Dec 14, 2006
Decatur, Alabama, United States
It seems like not "if," but "when" each person will be touched by this horrible disease. Remember her not only in your heart and mind, talk about her when you are with your dad. In the days she has left, talk aloud about the special times, let her hear the value she has deposited into each heart and life she touched. Prayers for His Grace to be sufficient

Last edited:

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
While no one will disagree that Cancer is a disease of pure evil, it is certainly not alone in that category.
My mother had breast cancer in 1969 which forced her to undergo a radical double mastectomy. She survived another 24 years afterward until she contracted Alzheimer's in mid-1993. After a 7 year struggle, it took her from us in late 2000. The pain it caused during that time was immense, and her eventual death was but a relief from the pain it had caused her and us.
Yes, Cancer is horrible because it can rapidly spread throughout the body and kill a person in a matter of months. Alzheimer's though is pure, unadulterated torture for the patient, family and caregivers alike. It is absolutely heartbreaking to see the person who raised you laying in bed and not even knowing who you are.

My prayers go out to all who suffer from these awful diseases as well as those who must sit silently by and watch it happen.

Last edited:

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
So sorry to hear about your mother. I cannot imagine going through that let alone this time of year. Prayers sent to you and your family.

I hope these verses help just a little:

Psalm 34:18
“The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.”

Matthew 5:4 “Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted.”

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.