Dear Cancer...

U of A

3rd Team
Oct 16, 2011
Nashville TN 37211
You suck. I sit here at my 64 year old mothers bedside as she's slowly slipping away due to the stomach tumor you gave her. I had to watch my Dad, the strongest man I know, cry tonight when the Dr told us Mom only has a little over a week left to live. I had to comfort my hero as he sobbed on my arm saying he didn't want to lose his best friend of 42 years. I know that death is something that eventually will touch everyone, but when it finally touches those whom you've known from your very first breath, who has been there for my good times and bad, someone who I'll miss dearly, I can while heartedly say...Cancer You Suck.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
I lost my Dad five long years ago.....to Cancer....I feel your pain. You are in our prayers.
Be there. Be patient with your Dad when he grieves....hug him, often...

Take every moment with your Mom as possible. Don't hold back......give as much love as you can.

We are here when you need us.

danb

All-SEC
Dec 4, 2011
Hazel Green, AL
I've been there myself and understand what you are going through. I can still remember the indescribable feeling I had when I, for the first time ever, saw my father break down when the doctors told us my mom had a 0% chance of living if they did nothing and a 10% chance of survival if they operated. Combining that with my own sadness and shock, made for a very, very tough time.

My heart, thoughts, and prayers go out to you and your family as you go through this, as I can fully relate with the sadness and pain that accompanies these days ahead.

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
Cancer has taken several of our loved ones and my aunt and father-in-law are battling it now. I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. We'll keep her and your family in our prayers.

bamachile

Hall of Fame
Jul 27, 2007
Oakdale, Louisiana
I'm really sorry, U of A. I'm afraid many of us know more about your sorrow than we would like. You are right, cancer is evil.

You have my prayers as well.

exiledNms

Hall of Fame
Aug 2, 2002
Hattiesburg, MS (USA)
It does suck indeed. And as a cancer patient myself (next scan/scope here is tomorrow; next trip to M.D. Anderson is in January), I contend that it's much easier to be the patient than to be the loved one of the patient. (mrs. exiled disagrees.) From every perspective, it sucks.
Keep pressing on, amigo. Praying for you & your Dad & the fam.

willie52

All-American
Jan 25, 2008
Arab, AL
Prayers to you and family. I lost my mom to breast cancer years ago and I too was at her bedside, it really is agonizing to see. Only positive side is if she does pass she will be in a better place and no longer suffering. Stay strong.

Gr8hope

All-American
Nov 10, 2010
Praying for you and your family. May God give your strength and ease your Mom's suffering.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.