Where the four finalists get their players

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
Interesting look at the rosters of TOSU, Oregon, FSU and us.

Buckeyes and 'Noles get the bulk of their players from their home states. The largest chunk of our roster comes from Alabama and Georgia. Oregon mines California far more often than it does from its own state.

This and more.

Last edited:

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
The only one that surprises me a bit is Ohio State. I knew Ohio had good high school football but my goodness, I didn't think the percentage would be that high.
As far as Bama, yes, we have 27 players from Alabama and Georgia but some of our biggest difference makers come from those 17 from Florida, Louisiana, and Texas. To me, our recruiting prowess in those three states has been critical to our success since Coach Saban's arrival.

derek4tide

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2005
Daphne, AL
Not surprised to see the Ducks pilfer California. Oregon has very few residents (only 3.93 million - we have over 4.5 million in Tampa Bay area alone) and does not produce many HS football players that can play D1.

kayakerjess

All-American
Sep 9, 2005
Colorado
The only one that surprises me a bit is Ohio State. I knew Ohio had good high school football but my goodness, I didn't think the percentage would be that high.
As far as Bama, yes, we have 27 players from Alabama and Georgia but some of our biggest difference makers come from those 17 from Florida, Louisiana, and Texas. To me, our recruiting prowess in those three states has been critical to our success since Coach Saban's arrival.
And, that one from Colorado has really been big for us this year!

bamagradinATL

All-American
Sep 12, 2006
McKinney, TX
We pretty much scour the southeast + texas for the best players.

Roll Tide 57

1st Team
Oct 20, 2014
Plant City FL
CNS reviews tape on every kid they offer. Just seems to me we get a lot out of Louisiana. I remember Coop, Black, Hart & Ha Ha when the committed out of FL. All were very highly rated 8 seemed to commit early. I felt so bad for Collins the way his mom acted on TV but he did the right thing.

I know we have our troubled kids from time to time but it just seems to be a very different environment. These boys are turning into good men.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.