Top Remaining Targets

BirminghamBAMA

1st Team
Dec 29, 2013
I`ll be somewhat surprised if we don`t get one of the three tackles. Could be a " Whichever one of you commits first" kind of deal(?).
The staff does have a preference with the OTs. They may take a wait and see approach and if they feel confident that they will land one of the OTs that is higher than another one on their board then they will pass on one, so I wouldn't say that it is a "we take whoever wants to commit first" kind of deal. I've heard that Alabama is a strong contender to flip Richmond from Ole Miss, but they do have more than a fighter's chance with Valentine-Okeke and Prince. I think it will be a situation that will come down to whom the staff prefers. Also, I've heard that Charlot is expected to re-commit to Alabama before it is all said and done. He will visit T-town this month and will not visit Baton Rouge. If however Charlot decides to stay home, that will open a spot for Cager, who will also visit this month.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
The staff does have a preference with the OTs. They may take a wait and see approach and if they feel confident that they will land one of the OTs that is higher than another one on their board then they will pass on one, so I wouldn't say that it is a "we take whoever wants to commit first" kind of deal. I've heard that Alabama is a strong contender to flip Richmond from Ole Miss, but they do have more than a fighter's chance with Valentine-Okeke and Prince. I think it will be a situation that will come down to whom the staff prefers. Also, I've heard that Charlot is expected to re-commit to Alabama before it is all said and done. He will visit T-town this month and will not visit Baton Rouge. If however Charlot decides to stay home, that will open a spot for Cager, who will also visit this month.
Other than possibly Ivy, I haven`t heard that there`s a Cam Robinson in this year`s class.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
Other than possibly Ivy, I haven`t heard that there`s a Cam Robinson in this year`s class.
From what I have put together, I agree. Every tackle we have on our board is likely a RT, not the "all important" LT you look for. As stacked as we are on the OL, we have a deficiency at potential LT (other then guys who can plug in for a few plays). I am hoping next year's class has one, because it will be TOP priority.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
From what I have put together, I agree. Every tackle we have on our board is likely a RT, not the "all important" LT you look for. As stacked as we are on the OL, we have a deficiency at potential LT (other then guys who can plug in for a few plays). I am hoping next year's class has one, because it will be TOP priority.
Agree completely. Cam`s 3 and done unless he gets rather seriously injured and it behooves him to stay.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I've been told Ross Pierschbacher would have started for 12 SEC teams at LT this year. The two SEC teams he wouldn't start for? Bama and Ole Miss. I believe RP didn't play this year, so he'll have 2 years to play LT after Cam declares early.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I've been told Ross Pierschbacher would have started for 12 SEC teams at LT this year. The two SEC teams he wouldn't start for? Bama and Ole Miss. I believe RP didn't play this year, so he'll have 2 years to play LT after Cam declares early.
I don't buy it. He may be very good, but if he was that good he would have played this year somewhere on the line.

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame
I don't buy it. He may be very good, but if he was that good he would have played this year somewhere on the line.
We got pretty lucky getting by with Robinson being a true freshman starter on the O-line. Unless something extreme happened, we weren't going to have 2 true freshmen O-linemen out there. Piershbacher is the real deal, and he'll only be better in time. He was the number 6 ranked OT on 247's composite rankings last year, but would most likely be in the top 3 this year.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
We got pretty lucky getting by with Robinson being a true freshman starter on the O-line. Unless something extreme happened, we weren't going to have 2 true freshmen O-linemen out there. Piershbacher is the real deal, and he'll only be better in time. He was the number 6 ranked OT on 247's composite rankings last year, but would most likely be in the top 3 this year.
Hope that`s correct. I thought he was slated as a G, but I think we`re fairly deep inside (?). If that`s so, it would be great if he could play T, especially if we don`t get the one we want out of the three visiting this month.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
For those who know anything about O line play in general, and perhaps him in particular, is he the one we should be hoping for the most?
He's of those kids who hasn't played much American football but appears to improve with every snap. 6'6", 310 and a good student. In two years, he could be a monster.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
He's of those kids who hasn't played much American football but appears to improve with every snap. 6'6", 310 and a good student. In two years, he could be a monster.
actually, i have heard he is not academically qualified at this point..... I think Richmond would be preferable at the moment.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
actually, i have heard he is not academically qualified at this point..... I think Richmond would be preferable at the moment.
Richmond has to be the clear preference at the moment, but I think he is the harder pull. Good chance we could just simply swing and miss there, though recent signs have been more promising.

Valentine-Okeke has tremendous upside and could develop into a star, but he's basically a completely raw product at this point in time. A legitimate concern can be held that he may simply never translate those raw physical tools into on-field prowess, and that even if he can, it may be three or four years down the road before he's really making a strong push for a starting job. Barring a big development surprise, I doubt we would get a lot out of him in 2015 and 206.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
Whoever told you that was, and likely is, seriously uninformed. Pierschbacher had a strong true freshman campaign and for one I'm bullish on his future, but that's not even remotely close to being accurate. Even putting aside Cam Robinson and Tunsil, you have La'El Collins -- who was the best LT in the league this past year, incidentally -- Cedric Ogbuehi, Corey Robinson, D.J. Humphries, and John Theus. Pierschbacher wouldn't have played over any of those guys.

Not to say that he couldn't have played at some SEC programs, and may have even snagged a starting job somewhere, but anything close to the above is just gross exaggeration.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
That do indeed make a difference! All the potential in the world`s for naught if you can`t get in the front door!

I read that he appears on teh verge of finishing his high school work a year early. Ergo, the good student comment. Sorry, if I read too much into it.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
Nothing definite yet, but you all might want to keep your eyes on K.J. Hill for the next few days. With Arkansas OC Jim Cheney leaving to go to Pitt, Hill's father has said Hill's commitment is now up in the air.

Would imagine that he probably sticks with Arkansas after the initial shock wears off, but we recruited Hill quite hard this past summer and have kept lines of contact open despite his Arkansas commitment. With us looking to add another WR, you could add him to the mix with Charlot, Cager, and others.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.