Bo Pelini Takes Parting Shot at Nebraska AD and Administration

ccc2259

All-American
Oct 29, 2010
Lower Alabama
I can't post the link due to vulgar language used by Pelini, but he apparently held a meeting with some players a day or two ago to rant and rave about the Nebraska AD and lack of support. The link I read sounded like a nutcase with no class at all.

CraigD

All-American
Aug 8, 2006
Columbus, GA
I can't post the link due to vulgar language used by Pelini, but he apparently held a meeting with some players a day or two ago to rant and rave about the Nebraska AD and lack of support. The link I read sounded like a nutcase with no class at all.
Sounds like an accurate description of Pelini to me.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Here's an article from Pelini's presser as he was introduced as Youngtown St's HC..For the hot tempered Pelini..This shot at The CornHusker's wasn't near as bad as I thought it would be..LOL

Here's The Link..CLICK ME

Bo Pelini, at YSU presser: “I have a president that’s understands football, something that I don’t know I’ve ever had.”

bama2112

All-American
Nov 19, 2006
Cobb County, Ga.
He may be a total jerk, but trust me if any of you have never dealt with CEO's of large companies, they live with golden parachutes ( do did Pelini) attached so no matter which on gets fired they will get their money. It just surprising he burned the burned the bridge, the house and outhouse... But he does not have to worry about finding another job. I wonder what the AD really did to tick this guy off , Look for the AD to be next if they have a 3-7 year next year. At least we have some entertainment before the games begin. Its better than the Michigan soap opera at 8 million a year. There really wasn't a ton of F bombs and a lot of cursing. All in all I have a better impression of him that I did before i listened to it.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I don't condone him for his vulgarity of his outbursts, but I can't blame him for having outbursts. I would go insane having to deal with all the cornuts and their delusional expectations they have. And before you say "well you have to deal with that with every job" consider that most coaching jobs don't have 80% of the state population in an 1 hr circle to you. Lincoln and Omaha literally account for 80% of the state and they are 45 minutes apart from one another. And they are very very very delusional, and most of them have some kinda access to the program because they know someone in the athletic complex so their personal thoughts are literally on the coaches desk. It can be pretty bad. So again don't care for his vulgarity but I can blame him for griping about how things went down

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
That is the exact same impression I have had of Pelini for quite some time. He embarrassed them several times while he was there. Now he has somehow already found a new gig. It just shows that character no longer matters in our country.

ccc2259

All-American
Oct 29, 2010
Lower Alabama
Now he has somehow already found a new gig. It just shows that character no longer matters in our country.
He embarrassed his new employer. My wife suggested Youngstown State should fire him as Dr. Witt did with Price. I agree with her view, but unfortunately all YS did was release this statement:

"Coach Pelini's remarks as reported are inappropriate and unfortunate. We have discussed the report with coach. We are confident (emphasis mine) that Coach will conduct himself accordingly moving forward. We will not be commenting any further on this issue.”

We'll see how long their confidence lasts.

TDBama78

All-American
Jul 11, 2007
Pelini seems to be working his way down the ladder instead of up. And is doing a good job.

TrueCrimson7

All-American
Sep 21, 2014
USA
It takes a stronger man to hold his tongue when he thinks he's been wronged. You don't have to lie, just keep your mouth shut about the old job and talk about how excited you are about the next step. Pelini just cost himself a lot of future hiring opportunities by ADs and GMs who don't want to be trashed.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.