Former Alabama player Bobby Greenwood in the US Army

formersoldier71

All-American
May 9, 2004
Jasper, AL
I guess he did not graduate as he appears to be a Spec4. Good luck to him.
As others have said, the degree gets you E-4 coming in. I did the same thing and at about the same age.

If I was him I'd get commissioned or go to warrant officer school quick.
Maybe he wanted to learn something and isn't afraid of work. Like me. ;)

Of course, the money is better for officers. I was strongly considering going Warrant before I finally decided to get out.

deltatider

1st Team
Nov 29, 2005
One of my favorite quotes ever related to Alabama football involved Bobby Greenwood. I think it was an article in which they were interviewing Scott Pioli when he was the GM for the Chiefs, and in the article Pioli was asked why he was partial to players from Bama, and his response was something along the lines of "cause that's where they make Bobby Greenwoods" or something of that nature. I believe that was during the time when Bobby was with the Chiefs. If you recall he played in the league for 2 or 3 years, but he was never expected to make a team. I'm fan of ole Bobby Greenwood!!!

As others have said, the degree gets you E-4 coming in. I did the same thing and at about the same age.

Maybe he wanted to learn something and isn't afraid of work. Like me. ;)

Of course, the money is better for officers. I was strongly considering going Warrant before I finally decided to get out.
Oh, I was a worker myself. I was told I should go be a warrant officer, but my company commander was instructing me on getting commissioned. So, I put in my packet on that, but ultimately decided to let me contract run out. I did not re-up and never looked back.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus RTR

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
No idea on military ranks, but I'm pretty sure Greenwood graduated from UA with a degree in business.

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
Idk if he's gone active or reserve. Either way, once he's to his unit I'm sure every NCO and officer worth his salt will tell him to get his commission. At the same time, with his smarts, work ethic, and physical ability he'd be a strong, natural leader... In other words, a great Noncommissioned Officer.

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
Idk if he's gone active or reserve. Either way, once he's to his unit I'm sure every NCO and officer worth his salt will tell him to get his commission. At the same time, with his smarts, work ethic, and physical ability he'd be a strong, natural leader... In other words, a great Noncommissioned Officer.
True but you make SO MUCH more money as an officer.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.