B'ham "Black Lives Matter" shutdown of 280 @ 3 pm today

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
Yesterday when I drove home from work, there was already a news van camped out at the gas station across Hwy 280 from The Summit.

Birmingham has been very quiet since all of the protests/riots began occurring. It will be interesting to see if anything meaningful materializes.

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
The Facebook group, Black Lives Matter - Birmingham, has posted fliers on the social network announcing the "shutdown" at 3 p.m. Friday at the traffic light at the Summit, and an associated "die-in" at 4:30 p.m. in the food court at the Riverchase Galleria. The group requests participants wear all black, and bring fully-charged camera phones to live stream the events.
The way some people drive on 280 during rush hour, it wouldn't surprise me at all for a multiple "die in" to occur there instead.

pyro

Suspended
Nov 9, 2004
Winchester TN
Good! I'm glad to see other people have a problem with the government besides me.

Hate the government with all your mind heart and sole.

GreatMarch

All-SEC
Dec 10, 2010
Birmingham, AL
The way traffic is around the Summit right now. I hope the protestors left about 11 this morning from downtown to get there by 3. Or else, they might not start the protest till after 10 tonight. When it is raining and very cold!

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
According to James Spann on Facebook, this has been cancelled. The protestors were informed they had to obtain a legal demonstration permit from the city of Birmingham and Hoover. They were also informed that they would be arrested an prosecuted if they interfered with traffic, as well as banned from the property at both locations for life.

They are now working to coordinate a protest in front of both police departments after the holidays.

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006
I saw some lady on facebook telling people with a warrant to not go, because they'd be checking that out and take you in.

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
It's cold and drizzly, but there were people out there on the roadside and grassy areas holding signs, and a police presence to keep an eye on things. There was no significant traffic delay, and everyone I saw seemed peaceful and respectful.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.