Rainbow City Nativity Scene, anyone here live there?

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL

bamachile

Hall of Fame
Jul 27, 2007
Oakdale, Louisiana
glad to know you know how the blue font thing works. Pet peeve, that joke drives me nuts. It's like saying "I'm too dumb to figure this out so I'll just write blue font instead" Or at least that is how I always read it
Since it's your peeve, fill me in on how you use blue font on Tapatalk. If it's not too cumbersome, I'll use blue instead of typing ****blue font**** when I'm on my phone. If it is, I'll just continue.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
While I roll my eyes at folks who go after these displays, I wonder how many here would be 'cool' if the same government facilities were putting up satanic, mulsim, etc displays and not Christian ones?

It would get under my skin to see a satanic or a pedophile (mohummad) statue on government property in my town.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
While I roll my eyes at folks who go after these displays, I wonder how many here would be 'cool' if the same government facilities were putting up satanic, mulsim, etc displays and not Christian ones?

It would get under my skin to see a satanic or a pedophile (mohummad) statue on government property in my town.
You would choose to live in a community that is primarily satanic or pedophilic?

Probius

Hall of Fame
Mar 19, 2004
Birmingham, Alabama
The solution is very simple, just move the scene to private property. This would not be anti-Christian, just pro 1st amendment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
The solution is very simple, just move the scene to private property. This would not be anti-Christian, just pro 1st amendment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There is that option, but I believe there is a defensible solution for such scenes to be displayed on public property. Using Rainbow City as an example, the city simply needs to put in place a process similar to the one used for specialty license plates. Here are sample requirements for a religious scene to be displayed on public property: (1) the scene must celebrate peace and hope and cannot be obscene; (2) the requesting group must pay for, set up, take down, and maintain the scene in good working order; (3) the requesting group must pay a use fee of $25 per day, which will be used to help fund the ongoing landscaping and general maintenance of the public property designated for such use; (4) the scene cannot be displayed for more than 30 days; (5) a minimum of 2% of registered city voters must sign a public declaration supporting the display; (6) requests for a display must be filed and all use fees paid in advance no earlier than 90 days but no later than 60 days before the display would be erected; (7) in the event that multiple display requests conflict as to the requested time period, the first request received shall take precedence; and (8) the city clerk will verify that all requirements have been met before the display can be erected.

TexasBama

TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA
my favorite ones are the atheists who go door to door handing out pamphlets telling you how to avoid going to heaven. ;)
My favorite is the Jehovah's Witnesses going door to door telling people only 144,000 are going to heaven. Call me crazy, but if I believed that, I'd be inclined to keep it to myself.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
My favorite is the Jehovah's Witnesses going door to door telling people only 144,000 are going to heaven. Call me crazy, but if I believed that, I'd be inclined to keep it to myself.
I like the Mormon's pitch better. "My own planet, you say?"

I'm not big on the witnesses. Too cultish. My wife was a witness when we met. They excommunicated her with the quickness when they found out about me.

TexasBama

TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA
I like the Mormon's pitch better. "My own planet, you say?"

I'm not big on the witnesses. Too cultish. My wife was a witness when we met. They excommunicated her with the quickness when they found out about me.
My wife grew up in the Witnesses. Still gets some PTSD as a result.

I was skiing in Utah 20 plus years ago and had some to kill before my flight. Went by the Mormon HQ to look around and was immediately approached by two Mormon hotties. They started pitching Mormonism and I replied with a Polygamy offer. They seemed to be more interested in my offer than I was in being a Mormon :)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.