DE/TE/ATH Prince Tega Signs With Auburn

FitToBeTide

All-American
Aug 19, 2001
St. Florian
Re: 2016 Prospect DE/TE Prince Tega (Edgewood Academy)

Dunno about that, He gave it to Farrar Montgomery, too, and, umm...

As for the Nigerian kid being a take, in Saban We Trust (as Always) - whether to numbers crunch a recruiting class, develop talent, or make up for missing out on the Nkemdiches (or for that matter, Ndamukong Suh).
Ha. All 6'10" of him. Played on '79 team.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover

Dunno about that, He gave it to Farrar Montgomery, too, and, umm...

As for the Nigerian kid being a take, in Saban We Trust (as Always) - whether to numbers crunch a recruiting class, develop talent, or make up for missing out on the Nkemdiches (or for that matter, Ndamukong Suh).
I hear ya and agree wholeheartedly but even the best can make some bone headed decisions ala Darius Phelon.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Bone just tweeted he can confirm Prince will take an official visit to LSU this weekend.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al

Kid or whoever is giving him advice screwed up. He would be a top 5 player if he stayed and played the way he did this year in camps. Is he good yes , does he play horrible competition hell yes. Do we take him really IDK. He needed another year in high school. If he would have done this maybe like Valentine did it might be possible ,but our class is already so full. IMO we would get Richmond, Charlot(SP) and maybe Jefferson. We lead for Valentine and will try to find a way to fit him in this class ,but he is likely to go to Prep school, 5 star Tackle though. I don't see him getting in the class ,but anything can happen. He reclassifies again he would be a take.
ummm...he doesn't really have a choice of being reclassified to this year. His transcripts finally came in, and it made him a senior instead of a junior. So he is graduating, and thus has no eligibility remaining.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland

Yep...he doesn't have a choice. They placed him where they thought he fit. He hasn't even had time to take an ACT yet

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL

He's a three year project... He's not ready.
I have no doubt that he would take at least 2 years before he ever saw the field but IF he ever did develop I could see him being unstoppable rushing the passer and that would be worth a scholly even if we only got 1 good year out of him.

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL

Just snapped his leg playing basketball...it's REALLY bad so they say. Tough news. Hope it works out for him.

TrueCrimson7

All-American
Sep 21, 2014
USA

Sad how fortunes can change so quickly. Hopefully he can recover well.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland

from what I heard it was "very close" to a compound fracture, so the skin was not actually broken..... not that it makes the break any less real.

All coaches have confirmed that they will honor scholarship offers. But, I believe this makes his recruitment go a little further past signing day.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

Which isn't a bad thing... He could sign but greyshirt... to rehab.
from what I heard it was "very close" to a compound fracture, so the skin was not actually broken..... not that it makes the break any less real.

All coaches have confirmed that they will honor scholarship offers. But, I believe this makes his recruitment go a little further past signing day.

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014

Can one really play football after something like this?

DocCrimson

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2010
East TN

Can one really play football after something like this?
No guarantee, but it's certainly possible depending on the mechanism of the fracture and how it heals. Such a shame though, and it may well affect his ceiling.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.