DE/TE/ATH Prince Tega Signs With Auburn

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Re: 2016 Prospect DE/TE Prince Tega (Edgewood Academy)

Bobby Carr, Prince's coach at Edgewood, tweeted he is in surgery and doctors believe he will be back to running by May.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama

Wow talk about a huge change from him being a big tweener/project to snapping his leg a few weeks before signing day. Really hate to see that but glad coaches are going to honor the scholarship offers.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Saban and Smart expected to be at Edgewood to visit Prince tomorrow.

Hugh Freeze reportedly was at the hospital while PT was having surgery.

bamablood6

1st Team
Mar 27, 2006

Good Old Frozen, I wonder if he dropped off a set of tires for the Doctors, and family.

DocCrimson

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2010
East TN

Good Old Frozen, I wonder if he dropped off a set of tires for the Doctors, and family.
Saban and Smart expected to be at Edgewood to visit Prince tomorrow.

Hugh Freeze reportedly was at the hospital while PT was having surgery.

Regardless of Freeze's recruiting method$, I'm impressed that he would be at the hospital during surgery after that kind of injury. This is possibly the only time I'll ever say this about Hugh Freeze, but that was classy.

bamablood6

1st Team
Mar 27, 2006

Well yea going to the hospital during surgery was either a very classy move, or very bad timing...LOL.

Regardless, I would not hire Hugh Frozen for anything in my athletic department, if I was AD. But I am not an AD....

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

The staff reportedly wanted to get him on campus in the coming weeks. Doesn't look like it'll happen.

@AndrewJBone BREAKING: Four-star DE Prince Tega Wanogho from Edgewood Academy in Ala., will sign with #Auburn on Wednesday. @Allie_Davison @BMattAU

@AndrewJBone Prince Tega Wanogho committed to #Auburn head coach Gus Malzahn a few minutes ago according to head coach @bobbycarr11. Major upside!

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

The staff reportedly wanted to get him on campus in the coming weeks. Doesn't look like it'll happen.

@AndrewJBone BREAKING: Four-star DE Prince Tega Wanogho from Edgewood Academy in Ala., will sign with #Auburn on Wednesday. @Allie_Davison @BMattAU

@AndrewJBone Prince Tega Wanogho committed to #Auburn head coach Gus Malzahn a few minutes ago according to head coach @bobbycarr11. Major upside!

Just heard this on JOX also. This guy could blow up in 2-3 years.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland

wow.... wonder if he used the "we will be your family" line like he did with Godwin's dying father....

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

Unexpected development here. General thinking on Tega was that he would wait a few weeks, let the cards settle, and then pick a school. Alabama had been trying to get him to Tuscaloosa for an official visit in the next couple of weeks, and had been trying to generally defer his recruitment for a while. I guess Tega figured that his best bet would be to go ahead and lock in the spot at Auburn. Can't necessarily blame him for that, especially if he felt an offer from Alabama might not come through.

Either way, best of luck to him at Auburn, and he'll be an interesting one to follow. Such a strange circumstance here, anything is possible. Wouldn't be shocked if he turned out to be a star, wouldn't be shocked if he never made a meaningful contribution. Risk/Reward to the utmost degree here.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

Sounds about right.. I do agree. He could be ready in 2-3 years... He's long term project.
Unexpected development here. General thinking on Tega was that he would wait a few weeks, let the cards settle, and then pick a school. Alabama had been trying to get him to Tuscaloosa for an official visit in the next couple of weeks, and had been trying to generally defer his recruitment for a while. I guess Tega figured that his best bet would be to go ahead and lock in the spot at Auburn. Can't necessarily blame him for that, especially if he felt an offer from Alabama might not come through.

Either way, best of luck to him at Auburn, and he'll be an interesting one to follow. Such a strange circumstance here, anything is possible. Wouldn't be shocked if he turned out to be a star, wouldn't be shocked if he never made a meaningful contribution. Risk/Reward to the utmost degree here.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

Obviously his sponsor family are barners.......:cool2:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

According to WSFA, Tega said "The family atmosphere at Auburn reminded him of the atmosphere at Edgewood."

I look forward to the day Auburn has a new recruiting pitch other than the stupid "family atmosphere."

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

According to WSFA, Tega said "The family atmosphere at Auburn reminded him of the atmosphere at Edgewood."

I look forward to the day Auburn has a new recruiting pitch other than the stupid "family atmosphere."
Well, if they think it works well enough, why change? They do sell it hard. I do think that it`s been deliberately emphasized even more as an "anti-Saban`s all business" approach. That may appeal to some kids and especially their parents. Wonder what AuDub`s thoughts are on this?

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

Well, if they think it works well enough, why change? They do sell it hard. I do think that it`s been deliberately emphasized even more as an "anti-Saban`s all business" approach. That may appeal to some kids and especially their parents. Wonder what AuDub`s thoughts are on this?
I'm happy with whatever our coaches feel appeals to these kids and their families. If the "family atmosphere" is an appealing pitch, then hammer them with it.

Very happy with with Auburn's class this year. Ranked as high as number two. Still chasing Bama, but who isn't?

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama

I avoid any establishment or business whose pitch is "we treat you like family" or "family atmosphere".

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

I avoid any establishment or business whose pitch is "we treat you like family" or "family atmosphere".
For those of us growing up with brothers and sisters..................that is a scary statement! :cool2:

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL

For those of us growing up with brothers and sisters..................that is a scary statement! :cool2:
"Come play for us. We're like family.....kind of like the mafia....and dysfunctional as heck....but we are family nonetheless."

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.