DE/TE/ATH Prince Tega Signs With Auburn

RedStar

Hall of Fame
Jan 28, 2005
The Shoals, AL
Re: 2016 Prospect DE/TE Prince Tega (Edgewood Academy)

I'm happy with whatever our coaches feel appeals to these kids and their families. If the "family atmosphere" is an appealing pitch, then hammer them with it.

Very happy with with Auburn's class this year. Ranked as high as number two. Still chasing Bama, but who isn't?
I've never liked it because it implies that Auburn has something that other schools don't when it comes to being close-knit & caring about each other. And that's simply not the case. It's rare to find any team of 100+ guys that aren't a family after spending the majority of their days together month after month, year after year.

You do what works, I get it. But to me I've never understood how this approach is successful when almost every team is a close-knit "family."

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

I've never liked it because it implies that Auburn has something that other schools don't when it comes to being close-knit & caring about each other. And that's simply not the case. It's rare to find any team of 100+ guys that aren't a family after spending the majority of their days together month after month, year after year.

You do what works, I get it. But to me I've never understood how this approach is successful when almost every team is a close-knit "family."
Bingo.

Plus, I know I'm going to read that reason for at least 90% of Auburn's commits or players interested in Auburn. While reading those comments, I also expect to read how Alabama is "all business." It comes across as recruits reading a manuscript handed to them by a school.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

Bingo.

Plus, I know I'm going to read that reason for at least 90% of Auburn's commits or players interested in Auburn. While reading those comments, I also expect to read how Alabama is "all business." It comes across as recruits reading a manuscript handed to them by a school.
It kind of feels like a difference between a "loose" place (barn), perhaps "relaxed" is a better word, and one that`s "tight" (Bama). I guess it`s different strokes for different folks. I do believe that Auburn and everybody else that recruits against us will at some point try to portray themselves as caring more about the recruit as a person than do the folks (Saban) at Alabama. That`s due to the persona that Coach Saban projects and his reputation, fair or unfair, that results from it IMHO. By the way, I`m in no way suggesting that he change his approach! Just an opinion.

bamahippie

All-SEC
Apr 8, 2000
Cullman, AL

It kind of feels like a difference between a "loose" place (barn), perhaps "relaxed" is a better word, and one that`s "tight" (Bama). I guess it`s different strokes for different folks. I do believe that Auburn and everybody else that recruits against us will at some point try to portray themselves as caring more about the recruit as a person than do the folks (Saban) at Alabama. That`s due to the persona that Coach Saban projects and his reputation, fair or unfair, that results from it IMHO. By the way, I`m in no way suggesting that he change his approach! Just an opinion.
Nah, all they have to do is ask player after player, while they're on campus, about how Saban treats his players personally. Because I've heard interview after interview with players that talk about his personal interactions, how he's funny, easy to talk to, etc... And you know these kids ask those kind of questions on visits. So, I'm not really all that worried about that perception, because the proof is in the pudding. And elite talent keeps lining up year after year for some of that pudding.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007

I look forward to the day Auburn has a new recruiting pitch other than the stupid "family atmosphere."[/QUOTE]

No more so than the AUs want to sing "Happy Trails" to "The Process."

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006

Obviously his sponsor family are barners.......:cool2:

From the 'not that it matters' bin, I was told via friends that the adult male of his sponsor family is a big Tennessee fan. His decision to be an aub surprised many.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

From the 'not that it matters' bin, I was told via friends that the adult male of his sponsor family is a big Tennessee fan. His decision to be an aub surprised many.
What about the "mother"?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.