The Colbert Report Signs Off

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
Nice try.
The Iron Bowl is on once a year for three hours. Perhaps it has a political agenda, but I am unable to detect what it might be.
The Colbert Report was on Monday-Friday for a half-hour each day. The total show ran for 1447 episodes and the political agenda was to ridicule anything to the right of Hillary Clinton, which makes 723.5 hours of anti-conservative political satire. Anyone watching the show uncritically would come to the conclusion that any conservative position was moronic (which is itself ironic). The show achieved its political purpose with its audience. It reinforced their stereotypes and pandered to their bigotry.
I've got a friend who started watching the Colbert Report when it began, when we were still in high school. He used to be conservative- now he is hard core liberal. I blame Colbert. They done got him. Now he is going to law school, there is no telling what he will mess up.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Nice try.
The Iron Bowl is on once a year for three hours. Perhaps it has a political agenda, but I am unable to detect what it might be.
The Colbert Report was on Monday-Friday for a half-hour each day. The total show ran for 1447 episodes and the political agenda was to ridicule anything to the right of Hillary Clinton, which makes 723.5 hours of anti-conservative political satire. Anyone watching the show uncritically would come to the conclusion that any conservative position was moronic (which is itself ironic). The show achieved its political purpose with its audience. It reinforced their stereotypes and pandered to their bigotry.
the implication to which i was responding is that there is this large group of viewers who only watch colbert for news, and these idiots are the reason for the country's demise. i don't even have to point out that this is a ridiculous proposition on its face, but i figured that it would be nice to look at the actual viewership of the colbert report and how small that potential set of people (the idiots allegedly ruining the country) is. the reference to the iron bowl crowd was merely a comparative measure to show just how small the viewership of the colbert report is and has no bearing on the supposed "agenda" of the colbert report, which last i checked was biting satire.

eta: looking at the ratings, i see that the colbert report and daily show apparently out draw fox news. i did not know that.

i still think the idea that colbert viewers are somehow responsible for the "decline" of our nation is absurd.

Last edited:

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
Nice try.
Actually, only Mon thru Thur.
I haven't missed one in years. If I did I would catch up with on-demand.
From what I have heard he wont be doing the Late Show in character.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.