The Colbert Report Signs Off

dWarriors88

All-American
Jan 4, 2009
Tulsa, OK
So with the obvious message, "we'll meet again one day". Will Stephen's character Colbert continue to live on and perhaps be a retained bit of his?

gmart74

Hall of Fame
Oct 9, 2005
Baltimore, Md
Hmmmm so Stewart is the ridiculously brain damaged lib, Colbert is the ridiculously brain damaged repub.... that must mean the replacement will be a ridiculously brain damaged libertarian. WOOOOOOO!!!!!!! Time for TFNS to spiff up their resumes.

Gr8hope

All-American
Nov 10, 2010
Hmmmm so Stewart is the ridiculously brain damaged lib, Colbert is the ridiculously brain damaged repub.... that must mean the replacement will be a ridiculously brain damaged libertarian. WOOOOOOO!!!!!!! Time for TFNS to spiff up their resumes.
It is amazing to me how many people get the only news they see or hear from these two. No wonder we are such deep trouble economically and politics are based on lies.

Gr8hope

All-American
Nov 10, 2010
Yes, THAT'S why we're in deep trouble and politics are based on lies.
Not really. The fact that so many are dumb enough to believe that is real news and the lies spewing from politicians is the problem. It is entertaining, but that's all.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
It'll be interesting to see him in his new role. Seth Myers, speaking about his promotion to the Late, Late Show, said that, on SNL, he wasn't really interviewing people, he was just a comic actor, playing an interviewer, interviewing guests, and following a script. So far, he's done very well, but they've kept him on a very short leash. OTOH, they've allowed Fallon free rein for all his whacky games, etc. I'll be very interested to see how SC does in Letterman's slot. Letterman may be a curmudgeon, but he's hard to beat as an interviewer, skilled in bringing out the best of what the audience wants to hear from his guests. Can Colbert match him? We'll see...

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Not really. The fact that so many are dumb enough to believe that is real news and the lies spewing from politicians is the problem. It is entertaining, but that's all.
colbert's show has (had) about 1.1-1.2 million viewers per night. by comparison, this year's iron bowl had about 13.5 million viewers.

so even if your straw men are real, there's really not that many of them

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
colbert's show has (had) about 1.1-1.2 million viewers per night. by comparison, this year's iron bowl had about 13.5 million viewers.

so even if your straw men are real, there's really not that many of them
Nice try.
The Iron Bowl is on once a year for three hours. Perhaps it has a political agenda, but I am unable to detect what it might be.
The Colbert Report was on Monday-Friday for a half-hour each day. The total show ran for 1447 episodes and the political agenda was to ridicule anything to the right of Hillary Clinton, which makes 723.5 hours of anti-conservative political satire. Anyone watching the show uncritically would come to the conclusion that any conservative position was moronic (which is itself ironic). The show achieved its political purpose with its audience. It reinforced their stereotypes and pandered to their bigotry.

gmart74

Hall of Fame
Oct 9, 2005
Baltimore, Md
I know a twenty-something PhD (so, not a dumb kid) and he admits Colbert is his only source of news.
a willfully ignorant kid. unfortunately I have many friends that are exactly the same. it is amazing to me that so many smart people willingly allow themselves to be manipulated.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.