Link: How Nick Saban's office door scared Joey Bosa and what if he were at Alabama, not OSU

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
How Nick Saban's office door scared Joey Bosa and what if he were at Alabama, not Ohio State?

Ohio State defensive end Joey Bosa remembers his first scholarship offer, which came from Nick Saban and Alabama, and reflects on why a door scared him.

Think about it. Bosa was only a 15-year-old kid, he had no scholarship offers ... and he wasn't wearing a shirt.

"They're pretty serious, intimidating guys, especially when you're 15 years old sitting in Saban's office," Bosa said. "Then he pushes this button that automatically closes his door."

http://www.cleveland.com/osu/index.ssf/2014/12/ohio_state_buckeyes_joey_boss.html

Last edited by a moderator:

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
It's funny how many journalists and the media want to compare players of other conferences to the SEC players. Of course all conferences have their share of elite players. That doesn't make the conferences equal though. This has been said many times by people that truly know, but the difference in the SEC and everybody else is the culture and passion of college football in the south. You can't just bottle that and take it up north..

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
So they are saying Bosa is already intimidated! Good stuff! Can't wait until he meets Jalston Fowler sealing the edge.

AgentAntiOrange

1st Team
Dec 30, 2009
Norman, OK
He may well be "SEC Talent" but his competition sure wasn't. I take no issue with the player but I do take issue with the tOSU/media perception that Urban Meyer is "building an SEC team in the B1G10". That's like saying your building an NFL caliber team in the CFL. The SEC is about the whole. The competition, the physicality, the athleticism, the rabid fans. The pressure. On any given Saturday, in a perfect storm, virtually any legitimate Power5 team could lose to any other Power5 team. It's not about that. It's the week in, week out grind. Remember, there are plenty of "SEC caliber" kids that wash out at SEC schools every year. Being a potential SEC caliber high schooler does not equate to being successful in this conference.

If CUM thinks he's building an SEC team in the B1G, we'll find out just how far along he is with that idea in a few weeks.

TrueCrimson7

All-American
Sep 21, 2014
USA
If this guy is scared of an automatic door, he'll really feel it when he sees Derrick Henry barrelling toward him. RTR!

tide96

All-SEC
Oct 4, 2005
A cute story about an odd detail that he remembers. We don't get all of the 5-stars, but we get enough. :)

TDBama78

All-American
Jul 11, 2007
I bet coach saban has been quick on the button to say don't let the door hit you on your way out.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
I didn't know Bosa was "mobbed up". His Uncle was the Grandson of Tony Accardo, THE MAN behind the Chicago Mafia "The Outfit". Dude went all the way back from being Al Capone's bodyguard to helping lead them for about 40 years.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
I didn't know Bosa was "mobbed up". His Uncle was the Grandson of Tony Accardo, THE MAN behind the Chicago Mafia "The Outfit". Dude went all the way back from being Al Capone's bodyguard to helping lead them for about 40 years.
Off topic but this post reminds me of an email I got about how, right after Pearl Harbor, FDR needed a bulletproof car to ride in to deliver his "Day that will live in infamy" speech. Of all things, they used Al Capone's old Cadillac which was heavily armored.

I'm glad for Bosa that he found a school where he doesn't have to be afraid of the coach's door.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Bosa is a big time player. One of those kind of talents that was a future first rounder no matter where he went. Can't get them all...

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
Bosa is a big time player. One of those kind of talents that was a future first rounder no matter where he went. Can't get them all...
Yes, I agree, and having Urban win the recruiting contest between Urban & Saban for Bosa has also given the Ohio State fans something positive to focus on.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Well, if he's a member of the Mafia, I guess we don't stand a chance. Let's just not even show up! However, maybe the REC mafia or the redneck mafia will be ready for the Chicago mafia or Florida mafia or OhIo mafia. Has Pope Urban called all Buckeyes to mass for prayer for this game?

Since Bosa was scared of The Door in the Godfather's office, maybe he won't play very well.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.